July 2021 Photo Competition - Launch & Discussion

Zone

Reaction score
Well done to snerkler for winning June's competition on the theme of "Reflections" with THIS PICTURE

For July he has chosen the theme "Action"

Just to be clear folks; a camera of any description is allowed; be it a pro DSLR down to the camera on your phone; there is no restriction as long as EXIF data is recorded in the original file :)

If it isn't; then email the original picture to [email protected] to verify your entry!

TBC Competition sponsor Gordon @ will offer his services of a free ISF calibration to a TV/Projector of your choice.

Terms and conditions for ISF Calibration prize:
Prize: 1 x ISF calibration
Only available on mainland uk
Calibration will be done when Convergent are already in your area
There is no cash alternative
If winner is out with mainland UK then if travel costs are covered he will honour the prize

Also as a courtesy; I've been asked to add a little disclaimer that any entries can be added to the AVForums Instagram page; a link will be added back to your Flickr page if you have one, so you may get more traffic too :)

Competition will close Friday 30th 2021.

Si

Last year's birthday present rolled over to this year, British F1 grand prix, so hopefully I can capture some of the action 🤞

Last year's birthday present rolled over to this year, British F1 grand prix, so hopefully I can capture some of the action 🤞
ooh nice, not at all jealous ;)

My first time, plus sprint race qualifying on the Saturday should be interesting 🤔
Oh yes, forgot about that. Will be very interesting. Silverstone's a bit tricky to shoot as there's catch fencing pretty much everywhere (Donington's not far behind now :(), but if you are going during free practice on the Friday or Saturday you might be able to shoot through the letterbox openings in the catch fencing on the outside of the loop that are in place for the media togs.

That being said my favourite motorsport shot I've taken was through the catch fencing at Brooklands.

Thanks for that, got a 3 day pass, kids must love me! Saturday I have inner track access so hopefully I can get something, 🤞failing that may get a trip to oulton Park just in case.

Thanks for that, got a 3 day pass, kids must love me! Saturday I have inner track access so hopefully I can get something, 🤞failing that may get a trip to oulton Park just in case.
That's cool, you should be able to get access to the outside of the loop then as that's in the infield if that makes sense? I forgot that they stop you when you go to the F1, when I went to the Moto GP you could walk over the bridge as you pleased.

Outlon Park's getting worse for fencing too, although there's still lots more fence free parts than Donington (my local track) these days (my 2nd favourite shot was from Outlon Park). Last time I went to Donington they were even putting up barriers 6ft or so back from the catch fencing so you couldn't even go up to the catch fencing to 'shoot through' it 🤬 I did look at getting accreditation so that I can go trackside but you need to earn some income from your photography so that idea was soon put to bed :laugh:

I hope you enjoy the F1, it's a great experience. Will it be a full crowd? If so get there early as the road in can be a royal pain.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom