July 2018 Winner - Curves

shotokan101

Distinguished Member
Love it :smashin:

Marika

I really like it, but I think I would've loved it if it had been right way around :) I know, nit picking, but hey hum! Which ever way, it's a great photo and spot on theme.

shotokan101

Distinguished Member
Who are you and what have you done with the real @shotokan101

Nice image, works for me both ways. Good job.
He's being probed as we speak - will be returned once the tracking implant has been inserted......

snerkler

Distinguished Member
Great picture, even better looking at it with my laptop turned 90 degrees ;)

shotokan101

Distinguished Member
Tried that on my tablet but it kept "fixing" it ;)

rancidpunk

In Memoriam
Really like this. Personally I'd have preferred it people free, but a great shot

rancidpunk

In Memoriam
The person makes the shot for me, gives it a sense of scale too :smashin:
Yeah, just breaks the illusion for me and shows it's the wrong way. Doesn't detract from it at all though, and much better than my own shot of the location during the light festival earlier this year.

shotokan101

Distinguished Member
Yeah, just breaks the illusion for me and shows it's the wrong way. Doesn't detract from it at all though, and much better than my own shot of the location during the light festival earlier this year.
As a "straight " shot perhaps but for me the figure "walking on the wall" is what makes it work for me in the context of the theme....

MeanDorris

Really like this. Personally I'd have preferred it people free, but a great shot
The person makes the shot for me, gives it a sense of scale too :smashin:
As a "straight " shot perhaps but for me the figure "walking on the wall" is what makes it work for me in the context of the theme....
I had considered removing the person, I agree with @rancidpunk that it would have made it not immediately obvious that the orientation had been manipulated, and would have made it more abstract.

However, I'm with Toby on the sense of scale and with Jim in the fact of the conscious decision I made to go for that sci-fi, Inception/Matrix/Doctor Strange type vibe.

shotokan101

Distinguished Member
I meant to ask where this was taken?

MeanDorris

I meant to ask where this was taken?
Valerian.

But more likely at Kings Cross station in London.

I am there (weekday) daily, but only happened across this location by chance (Kinng X is a bit of a maze/warren) and was snapped with my iphone, one of those places when the photogrpaher’s eyes in you light up as soon as you stumble upon it.

shotokan101

Distinguished Member
Ta