1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

JUKEBOX CD/DVD players

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Desticado, Apr 22, 2002.

1. Desticado

Desticado

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Hi Folks.

I currently use my Tosh SD210 for CD & DVD play with my Denon 3820 and KEF Egg speakers.

Im wanting to buy a Jukebox type (100+ disk) primarily for CD playback. Can anyone give me any feedback on the performance of these units and whether it might be a better deal to get a unit (such as the SONY) which does DVD playback too.

Regards

2. Fartpants

Fartpants

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've never played CDs on my sony 850 (200 disc) DVD, coz it is full of DVDs, but I do have a 200 disc CD as well.

I eventually got an optical switcher (I have 2 sat boxes both with optical outputs), and when I plugged the CD through that I noticed an improvement to the sound.

I think my problem is my Sony AV amp isn't great for music, although I love the performance for films, the CD is more of a gimmick, I probably would have been better advised to spend the same amount of money on a good single play machine, and get up of my fat &&&& to change the music.

maybe the answer is one system for films and another for music?

3. Desticado

Desticado

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Well Im pleased with the CD sound of my CD's in the Tosh SD210 and I would have thought most CD-Changers would be on a similar level with it.

IT might be a bit gimmicky but I think a 300/400 Disk Changer will

A) Give me somewhere to accessibly store all my disks

B) Make it more likely that I'll actually listen to some of my cd's.

Research so far has lead to the following

i) Sony CDP-CX455 - a 400 disk changer with on screen menu £285

ii) Sony CDP-CX355 - 300 disk changer £185

iii) Pioneer PDF1009 301 disk changer - £240

has anyone got any info/experience on these which they'd like to share or got any reccommendations of other models I should think about.

Regards

4. Fartpants

Fartpants

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Well what I ended up doing was.....

I bought an mStation for the car (MP3 hard drive based), with a 10 gig hard drive, I got the series II (£265, could have got the series 1 for £199). Then I got an 80GB hard drive (£98), and with a little bit of mucking about got it to work with my mStation, then a home docking unit for £99, the mStation comes with a thing to put in the PC, but this is for connecting to the hifi and has USB so you can connect it to a laptop quite easily.

So for a total of £462 I have a system that holds about 1,280 hours of music. I currently have just over 11,600 tracks on it!

Oh the mStation came with a remote control and the software for downloading my CDs on to hard disc. So now I have 2 remotes in the car, do philips do a mini pronto for the car?

The mStation builds an index files, so time vetween tracks is less than a second, but is noticeable.

I could be tempted to part with my Sony 200 disc CD, but that would leave a big space in the cabinet.

5. Desticado

Desticado

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    hmmm...

wonder if there is a cordless solution for connecting my PC to my Rreceiver in a different room...

Im thinking of sticking to CD's though as its nice and simple for my wife to use. (Patronising I know, but I still get shouts that the remote is broken...)

Regards