1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

jujitsu 4233 - not good :(

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by ajbird, Jun 20, 2002.

1. ajbird

ajbird
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Well I have taken delivery of my 4233 plasma - looks good and BIG

however.....

the display from the DVD player (tosh 510e component 'chord' lead) has loads of 'tank track' style marks running the length of the screen during play back - this worse on some disks than others - region 1 disks are best quality but the tacks are still there. region 2 disks are the worse affected but the problem is worse when there is no disk in at all and the standard grey 'do something' screen is then the tracks trash the whole screen quite distinct badly. where the tracks do not effect the screen the image is fantastic.

any suggestions

have played around with most of the settings on both the plasma and the tosh but to no avail - the suppliers is being a good help but I am not sure they are having much luck

just to note - the image from sky - rgb - s vid converter is ok with some channels way better than others - it did however pass the coronation street test with the wife.

andy

2. YYZ

YYZ

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Are you referring to vertical banding on the screen particularly noticeable in the backgrounds?

If you are I had the same problem with my 4229. Having also read a review of the 50'' model the same problem was picked up. As all of these panels use the new AVM chip I guess its not as good as they say. However I was only experiencing the problem on low grade signals like some of the ITV Digital channels (before they went bust), with an S vid feed from my old Tosh 3109 the problem vertually disappeared. I have now bought an outboard line doubler the iScan Pro which has cured the problem on all feeds and I now have a picture I'm happy with.

Hope this is of help.

3. ajbird

ajbird
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have connected the tosh via the svid lead and the banding goes away (but the picture is not where near as good) connect via the compnent and its back (great picture but banding)

arghhhhhhh

the signal from sky is a bit fuzzy as expected but no banding

the problem is at most noticable went the input is set to dvd but there is no disk on - it is dreadful 8 solid lines of interference!!!!!!!

when I was demoing the plasma the suppliers originally used a 2800 denon player but swapped it out for the same reason and used a cheapo tosh 210 - that will teach me not to demo with my own player - i expected the higher tosh model to give even better results.

4. ajbird

ajbird
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    well the saga continues - (I feel that I am talking to myself here but just incase someone searches for similar troubles in the future......)

I now have a perfect image from the plasma - the solution - the chord lead which cost me £100 was damaged - quality! so with my perfect picture I stated spinning some disks (incidently dont let anyone sell you anything on the strength of progressive scan - the image difference is barely perceptable) only to notice a strange THX logo on the bottom right corner - as this had nothing to do with the disk or any equipment i own it looks like someone has left a thx logo on the screen during testing and it has been burn into place- so that will have to be swapped out - NEXT.....

andy