Quantcast

Juice Defender & email polling

archie2000

I have installed Juice Defender on my Nexus S, running ICS 4.0.3
I've found it is absolutely fantastic at saving my battery life, but unfortunately although I have set my email polling for every 15 minutes in the email settings, I am finding that it could be over an hour or more before they notify on my phone. I realise that this is because of Juice Defenders controls. What, if anything can I amend in Juice Defender settings to rectify this, or is the longer polling times one of the trade-offs for the prolonged battery life?

Gary D

I have installed Juice Defender on my Nexus S, running ICS 4.0.3
I've found it is absolutely fantastic at saving my battery life, but unfortunately although I have set my email polling for every 15 minutes in the email settings, I am finding that it could be over an hour or more before they notify on my phone. I realise that this is because of Juice Defenders controls. What, if anything can I amend in Juice Defender settings to rectify this, or is the longer polling times one of the trade-offs for the prolonged battery life?
If your using the free version then your out of luck (I'm not sure, but i dont think you can change the setting. If your using Ultimate version then you can change the polling period to 5, 15, 30, 60 or 120 minutes.

G

Top Bottom