Judge calls for an end to Apple v Samsung War

hodg100

Outstanding Member
Reaction score
Apple says 'bah humbug'

A Judge after our very own heart has called for an end to the continued litigation and animosity between Apple and Samsung as they battle each other in courtrooms across the globe.

US District Court Judge Lucy Koh is currently weighing up whether to overturn Apple's billion-dollar patent damages award but wants an end to all the nonsense. It probably wont happen in the near future but thanks for trying Your Honour.

"I think it's time for global peace," said Koh

"Let me hear if there is anything the court can do," she continued. "It would be good for consumers; good for the industry and good for the parties."

Samsung legal representative, Charles Verhoeven responded by stating the firm would be happy to negotiate a settlement with Apple but "the ball is in their court."

attachment.php

Apple's attorney Harold McElhinny expressed Cupertino's disinterest in working out a settlement. Apple wants Koh to get behind 'legal remedies' to prevent Samsung from ever copying an Apple gadget.

"It is the power of this court to establish a line and enforce it," McElhinny argued. "If you didn't see the same case that the jury saw, I am not sure how we get to resolution."

Attachments

• applexmas.jpg
    applexmas.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 161
with all the arguments going on, not just with Apple vs Samsung but all the others as well, surely it can't be good for the consumers either, it's about time that they get it sorted
Gerry

I find this hilarious as Koh is the one who helped this get to the point it's currently at. Apple is simply abusing the patent system and has started a trend of litigation. It says a lot when you see die hard Apple fans disgusted by their behaviour.....

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom