1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

JudderTest (refresh rates) HTPC & PJ

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by Rob100, Aug 27, 2005.

1. Rob100

Nov 3, 2002
    Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Hi all, I posted this in the LCD/DLP PJ forum a couple of days ago, but have had very limited feedback. Thought that I may be better off here, so here we go...

All being well sometime b4 Christmas I will be buying my first PJ. At the moment I'm looking a the PLV-Z3, AE700, HS50 etc. I haven't as yet demo'ed any of these and have no idea if I prefer LCD or DLP. I guess I'm looking in the range of £800 to £1500. PJ must have a resolution of 1280x720. I am aware that in October or so the PLV-Z4 and others should be available.

I've spent a lot of time with my HTPC and my plasma "tweaking" DVD playback. What made the biggest difference for me was re-clock and discovering (thanks to StooMonster) using JudderTest that my plasma internally converted some refresh rates (such as 75Hz). So for PAL I run at 50Hz and for NTSC film sources 48Hz (as 72Hz is also internally converted).

For those who have not tried JudderTest see:

So, my question is....

Using HTPC connected to the above PJ's using either the VGA or HDMI/DVI inputs (assuming the PC can be connected to the HDMI input from the DVI on the gfx card?????) which PJ's in my price range will display 48/50/72/75Hz (or other) refresh rates with no internal frame rate conversion? Is the DVI/HDMI input limited to 50Hz and 60Hz?

Thanks in advance.