Juddering image whilst recording HD

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by Genkisan, Dec 27, 2006.

1. Genkisan

Genkisan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I found a problem last night with my SKY HD box that am curious if its me, my box or a common problem. Whilst recording Pirates of the Carribbean I tried to start watching it whilst it was still recording and and juddered like it was constantly losing signal. I left it last night expecting to have to delete it today and found it played great. So tonight I was sitting here watching the movie and half way through it my recorder starts recording Billy Elliot in HD and again the play back goes judder-city. So the common factor here is that I cant watch an HD recording whilst recording anything HD. In fact I tested playing back a standard SKY recording and found it fine...

So...

Just me?

Or is this common?

Appreciate any feedback.

2. Starburst

Starburst

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +975
    I've read a few posts from people who have had issues while recording two (high bitrate) HD channels and played back a third, first time recording one and playing back one has had problems.

I wouldn't have thought the system would struggle with what amounts to 40mbps throughput but perhaps it does.
    Full system reset, try it again and if you have problems call SKY and raise hell:)

3. choddo2006

choddo2006

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +542
    Does a planner rebuild defragment the hard drive?

4. Russellgti

Russellgti

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +29
    Mine was doing this so I rebooted it by unplugging it for a couple of minutes. So far so good:thumbsup:

5. Starburst

Starburst

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +975

Not as far as I know, even considering the size of the files and the miniscule amount of fragmentation you could have compared to a standard PC enviroment I don't think a planner rebuild has the time to perform that sort of operation.

Could easily be wrong though:)

6. Mick4545

Mick4545

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +28
    I had this while watching Chelsea v Reading live, 2 frames per sec! Pirates of the Caribean the same live and recorded.

I turned on my Humax sat reciever, had a look around the Continental channels, turned it off and went back to Sky HD. Lo and behold, everything back to normal.

It was probably a coincidence but if it happens again thats the first thing I'll try. The second is the universal cure for most sat box ills, turn off and on at the mains.

Mick

7. Genkisan

Genkisan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks guys... should have realised that in this day and age that a full reboot was the first option.. I will do that now and see how it goes later...

I will let you know!

8. CrispyToast

CrispyToast

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    I've had this also. Whole system was powered down while away for christmas and not long back so will have to see if problem has been cured. The live footy should do for this.