Judder/jerk on panning with Sony 46W4500 Help!!

latent

Standard Member
Reaction score
I have a Sony 46W4500 connected to SKY HD box. I have noticed that the picture can be jerky /juddery even on slow camera panning in programmes. It's very off putting. I have played around with the Motionflow settings, but it seems no different. Is it the TV (didn't happen on my previous Toshiba) or the Sky box? Do I need to change settings or have I a faulty TV?

Thanks in advance for you help

I have a Sony 46W4500 connected to SKY HD box. I have noticed that the picture can be jerky /juddery even on slow camera panning in programmes. It's very off putting. I have played around with the Motionflow settings, but it seems no different. Is it the TV (didn't happen on my previous Toshiba) or the Sky box? Do I need to change settings or have I a faulty TV?

Thanks in advance for you help

Could be to do with the source video and framerate conversion applied prior to broadcast at 1080i50. Was it a US show?

Do you notice the panning issues as much on live football (which is recorded at 1080i50 and should be ok, regarding pre-broadcast frame rate conversion)?

Could be to do with the source video and framerate conversion applied prior to broadcast at 1080i50. Was it a US show?

Do you notice the panning issues as much on live football (which is recorded at 1080i50 and should be ok, regarding pre-broadcast frame rate conversion)?

two examples are: BBC news on BBC 1 and 'Thousand places to visit before you die' on Discovery HD. I haven't seen any live football ..yet

try changing the film mode to auto 2 or off I think, or at least have a play with these settings, this tv should not have judder, in fact its the first lcd that I can watch without giving me a headache

Post your settings - there's something amiss as there's no judder on mine and I'm quite sensitive to it (I saw more problems on my old Pio plasma than on my 52w4500).

When I had a trial of two 40W4500's, they didn't handle panning a scanning very well regardless of what settings was used.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom