Judas and the Black Messiah Movie Review & Comments

So you got Judas Tom, and Cas got Justice :)

I think this is going to do well at the Oscar's. I started the other thread on it as it didn't appear anyone really knew anything about it until not that long back. I just suddenly saw the trailer one day and thought "hello".

Definitely the kind of film Hollywood likes, and definitely one for the current climate.

This film was enraging, enlightening and powerful to say the least. I did find myself having to do a wiki dive to explain some of the back ground given my knowledge of the Panther movement was that Mario Van Peebles film from the '90s. Great review @Tom Davies, the acting was exemplary, especially Kaluuya (it still boggles my mind that he's Tea Leaf from Psychoville) and veteran of The Deuce, Dominique Fishback giving some heart to the movement around her.

Great write up @Tom Davies
Makes me want to see it just on the detail, enthusiasm and energy of his review 😂👍

I’ve been wanting to see this for some time.
Watched Kaluuya in Nope last week, he has such a great screen presence and from what I’ve seen of this trailer, even more so with this.
While I always support physical media, this just dropped to £3.99, so digi it is.
Weekend viewing sorted.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom