Question JTR

Slow down tiger, the thread hasn't even been up for two days yet :D That's not very long to expect people to make a decision on spending circa £3k and upwards, give it some time and just let the thread run.

And I don't think it has anything to do with not being open minded, certainly not by me - you should know that by now ;)

Hey Dodge, i wasn't trying to push anyone into buying something by starting this thread, simply wanted to initiate a conversation with anyone who might be interested - especially you old sport :smashin:
Comparing to what I paid for my PB16s, I don't think that price is too unreasonable for what you're getting. My only concern would be how the warranty would work.
@maxkolonko123

This would be useful to know and certainly help with those that are considering a purchase.

Ok chaps, let me do some digging with Jeff and see what the warranty would look like. From what I know from speaking to him before, he said any parts in need of replacing would need to be sent back. I'd like to check with him who'd be responsible for the cost of postage though in this situation.

Last edited:
Not the best news for 2021

"Thank you for contacting JTR Speakers.

I will forward to Jeff and find out the details.

Thank you for starting that potential group buy!

I know he likely wont be checking emails till Monday, but I wanted to let you know we received your email and will look into the warranty process.

For a group buy we can offer 10% discounts off our Internet Direct pricing.

Just an FYI in January 2021 the prices will be going up as part costs have been increasing throughout 2020 and margins were already really tight.

We do try to make it a little easier on the pocket book by only needing 25% down to start the order.

Please let me know if you have any other questions,

Tony"

Will try to find out what possibly would be the prices post increase, but personally if i will go for RS2 I will try to go for it before price increase.

JTR prices going up between 15-20% from January, which is decent amount.

For anyone interested got my solo quote for rs2 and its really good

Don't know if its against the rule to post on here my quote or no so let see what mods have to say about it, if it's fine I can share it here if no i can share privately.

Last edited:
Best to remove it.

How would go about paying, I certainly wouldn't pay put to "some bloke on the net"

Best to remove it.

How would go about paying, I certainly wouldn't pay put to "some bloke on the net"
Dunno direct to JTR with invoice number for our order?

You pay your share I pay mine problem solved.

Stil can't decide between JTR 210RMs or the Ascendo's.

I said to Jeff that i gonna hold for two weeks to see if anyone here would wanna join me if no i go solo for RS2, cant withdrawn from such offer

For anyone interested got my solo quote for rs2 and its really good

Don't know if its against the rule to post on here my quote or no so let see what mods have to say about it, if it's fine I can share it here if no i can share privately.

In terms of sharing the price, if it's a price that's been agreed for you and you alone then probably best to keep it off the public forum. Obviously you're free to disclose, or not, through any other channel.

If it's a price that's been negotiated as part of a group buy then it's up to you whether you share it publicly or have people contact you directly to get the info.

In terms of sharing the price, if it's a price that's been agreed for you and you alone then probably best to keep it off the public forum. Obviously you're free to disclose, or not, through any other channel.

If it's a price that's been negotiated as part of a group buy then it's up to you whether you share it publicly or have people contact you directly to get the info.

Yeah for myself only so I'll keep to myself.

As for group buy prices, dont have any cause nobody message me with genuine interest. For me to get some quotes for a group I would to need have someone come to me with specific ideas what they want then I could ask for some quotes

Stil can't decide between JTR 210RMs or the Ascendo's.
Like Dodge said, this could be a opportunity before price increase from January, if you genuinely think about those I can ask Jeff to quote us and then you can decide if it's worth it or no

Like Dodge said, this could be a opportunity before price increase from January, if you genuinely think about those I can ask Jeff to quote us and then you can decide if it's worth it or no

I've recently had a quote from Tony, but yes no harm in asking if we can get a little discount if we order at the same time.

This is a good read

Got my full invoice from importing RS2 if anyone is interested can post it here for reference and to proof that importing from USA is not expensive at all !!

Ok so for anyone interested :

Here is the original invoice from JTR and to make you aware ive placed an order before 2021 price increase :

JTR Captivator RS2 $3499 + $300 (6000w 230v amp) - 10% discount = $3419

Shipping = $300 (custom duties and taxes not included)

10% discount is thanks to @Saul Goodman who team up with me on a journey to get JTR brand over here to UK, funny enough though we went for " group" order but JTR was so cool that they didn't see a problem for us to pay separately and to post their products to two different addresses, so to me pretty much was two separate orders :D Jeff was kind enough that he even marked down price a lil bit for us so we could save some bit on taxes etc.

Now the most anticipating part the total in £££ :

Obviously price could slightly vary to dollar cost but i was lucky enough to get 1£ = 1.40$ on my second transaction.

Price for RS2 = 2739£ + 501.92£ for customs/vat/duty = 3241£

So to everyone being really negative about importing equipment from USA about the customs and shipping costs etc i need to say i was mega positive surprised by the amount i was charged cause was scared it will be way more than that.

Overall await was longer then expected but with all Covid issues it was to be expected Tony who was our customer service chap for JTR was great, always quick with replying to our questions and concerns.

Very nice! Now let's see those measurements :D

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom