8= GND (ground)
9= NC (not connected)
10= GND (ground)
11= NC (not connected)
12= NC (not connected)
13= HD
14= VD
15= NC (not connected)

As you can see the viera does not have as many pins connected, does anyone know if these are the vital pins reqd. to get a picture from my JST box :confused:

edit:

Also noted the PW7 has a horizontal scanning freq. of 15 - 110 kHz and vertical scanning freq. 48 - 120 kHz
where as the 50PX70 = horizontal 31 - 69 kHz and vertical 59 - 86 kHz

I think I may have answered my question !!! but may be useful to other display to tv converts...

well it wont work as scart the source feed the JST is 15.5Khz horizontal sync and the new pasma (Why in gods name did you buy a veira having owned a proper panel) doesnt support this. PANEL = GOOD, VIERA = BAD simple as there is a reason the TV versions are cheaper than the Pro panels

A couple of reasons for the change Horneydragon...

42PW7 = Very good picture.. but I wanted bigger & more inputs...

50PX70 = built in sound... easy for the missus/daughter when watching regular tv & 8" bigger (that's what sold it to the wife!)

Also the cost did come into it... PW7 needed an extra board to be able to watch sky hd and get real benifit... I would have considered the PH9 but by the time I added panny's bolt on speakers (reason above) and the extra required boards.. the cost would have been greater than a simple plug & play set... much, much, more.

Now I can watch blue ray via hdmi, sky hd via hdmi, sky + via rgb scart and regular dvd via componant and still have a decent picture with freeview but the bonus of regular teletext (surprised how much teletext was missed on panel only opton).....

so to sum it all up... I know a pro panel will give me a more professional finish... (would a mere mortal like me know the difference?) but for everyday ease of use for the whole family with all the built in connections I could want (ease of use again) and still make me & the missus appreciate how good the picture is (blue ray especially... sky hd next week)...

That's why I made the change... and not regretting it at present... even during the run in period...

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom