1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

JS Tech to Lumagen Vision

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Postie67, Feb 20, 2004.

1. Postie67

Postie67

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +83
    Hi

I have just had a chat with Ivojo.co.uk about J.S. Tech RGB-Component converter. They inform me that there is a known problem with connecting the converter to a Lumagen Vision scaler. Earthing seems to be the route problem. I am just asking if this problem is sortable and how? I am going to connect a cable digital box to the converter(RGB) and component output of converter to a Denon amp for component switching. The component output of the amp will then go into the Lumagen Vision scaler and then to a projector or plasma. Can anyone please help on this matter as I do not want to purchase a converter and find it incompatable with my setup. Thanks for your time on this matter.

Postie.

2. Gordon @ Convergent AV

Gordon @ Convergent AV
    Distinguished Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,785
    There is not always an issue with this but it can result in a weird artifact on some devices. Earthing the case of the Lumagen might solve this. It's not a fault with either product just a known issue that can turn up. I'd advise getting one on sale or return to try.

Gordon