1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

JS Tech RGB To VGA To Panny PW6

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by Baldster, Jun 25, 2004.

1. Baldster

Baldster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Hi all,

Have just purchased the well respected JS Tech RGB to VGA converter box to feed Sky+ into Panny PW6 plasma, complete with gold scart etc, and can now directly compare S-Video and RBG on the plasma. To my disappointment cannot notice any difference between the two.

Anyone who has this setup got any suggestions, or can advise best settings for the plasma to make picture look it's best ??

Many thanks,

The Baldster.

2. Wazy

Wazy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    You're kidding?!! I noticed a massive difference with mine, svideo is quite good but the JS box really impressed me and gave me a far better, sharper picture.

I can't imagine what settings you can have wrong, you must have sky set to RGB as you wouldnt have a picture. Are you using a good quality VGA lead?

Wazy

3. Baldster

Baldster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Currently on standard quality lead from Dr John ... awaiting one of his premium quality ones as soon as they are back in stock.

Still surprised not to see any improvement though ??

4. MAW

MAW
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +412
    That is surprising, the VGA converter usually gives an altogether more 'polished' picture, though as you say s-video is not too bad, well watchable. Don't forget your scart lead will make a difference too, more than the VGA IMHO. Keep the scart nice and short, and don't let any power cables wrap themselves around it. Settings wise, each input on the PW6 has it's own settings, not very many for VGA, but check where the brightness and contrast are set.