1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

JS RGB2VGA or RGB2YUV?? Which one?

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by Cag, Dec 30, 2003.

1. Cag

Cag

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    Please advise which one to use> I have the new Sky plasma TV with Sky+ & want to know which one to get the best picture quality from Sky+ or are they both the same?
    Thanks in advance

2. gmt steve

gmt steve

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    The VGA is btter for actual picture quality, but has drawbacks. You may loose certain functions on your PDP with VGA. ie. colour control and possibly cetain widescreen modes.

3. Cag

Cag

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    Does it make a great difference to the quality of the Sky picture compared to the scart connections. I find the football on Sky Sports to be poor quality from distance with a scart connection.

4. Stephen Wilde

Stephen Wilde

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +93
    JS recommended VGA for Sky and component for DVD but he uses other way around himself to retain various control functions.
    VGA is slightly sharper than component but both are equally good depending on personal preference.
    I prefer the extra sharpness on SKY and also if you use VGA for DVD you lose progressive scan functionality which was the deciding factor for me.
    Quality of leads makes a difference too. I am still experimenting with that but generally expense pays off if you want to get the best from the hardware. Good shielding makes a bigger difference to visuals than it does to sound.
    Scart connections are much less good to my eyes.