1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

JS RGB/VGA Conversion box advice please?

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by giantteabag, Oct 10, 2004.

1. giantteabag

giantteabag

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Following posts on this excellent site, I think I'll get the JS rgb to vga box.
    Before I do I have a few questions:
    1. Can I use my IXOS RGB scart cable...pins are only wired for rgb, to connect from sky+ to JS?

2. I see there are audio phono's on the JS..my audio goes from sky via optical to an audio amp. Will I get lip sync probs?

Thanks.

2. JetJockey

JetJockey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    There may be a different problem.

I doubt the conversion process will cause a delay to be honest. My advice though is to email John at JS technology and he will let you know. I have even phoned him before now and he is a great guy. He is AV mad himself. I have also seen the inside of the products and they are built to a very high standard.

However........ The RGBto VGA converter may have to receive a composite signal as well for it to be able to extract the Sync pulse timing. The RGB to component coverter certainly has to. Your RGB only Scart Lead (Poss QED) won't have this connection. Certainly, my Sky box does not put out Sync on R, G, or B but only on composite.

Best advice is to contact John by email. He will answer your questions immediately. Tell him Gerald said hello.

Cheers. :thumbsup:

3. giantteabag

giantteabag

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks Jetjockey,
    Have done as suggested.

4. symanski

symanski

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    I'm assuming that the IXOS cable has RGB and Composite wired as the standard for SCART is to have these.

The phono connectors on the front are for audio pass-through, which is handy if you need to pick up the audio from the SCART. Obviously if you use an RGB only SCART there will be no sound at this point. We don't modifiy the sound, and the converter works in real time, so it won't contribute to any lip-sync issues.

All the best,

Dr John Sim.

5. David PluggedIn

David PluggedIn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    Hi gtb

Sky tends to have varying degrees of lip sync depending on which channels you watch etc. Whether you notice them depends on how sensitive you are to lip sync, also how big the display is that you are viewing on (the larger the screen the more you tend to notice it)

As John says you certainly wont get any added delay from the converters. Interestingly we will have a new lip sync delay unit available in the next few days for people that dont have a delay feature in their AV amps.

cheers