1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

JS RGB>VGA box vs scart board on PW7

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by suicidal_maniac, Dec 11, 2004.

1. suicidal_maniac

suicidal_maniac
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have now sorted everything into RGB (freeview, dvd,gamecube)and have a quintro switching box to pickup when i get home...just wondering if I really need to get the JS RGB>VGA box...or will the scart port do the same RGB job?

2. banjo21

banjo21

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +127
    Try it and see. I went for the Js box a couple months ago because I had ASSUMED that the PW7 scart board for Sky RGB etc must be poor. So I had a free scart board and a JS on delivery.
    I accept the trained eye may have seen some difference - but I couldn't.
    I am not disin the JS box, just imho I would have been better going for a 'free' board, trying it out for a few weeks and if it were OK then maybe put the £120 saved towards the next upgrade e.g. a HDMI board, or part towards a better DVD, or even a prezzie for the boss who puts up with this :)

PS. Now I know the trick from Horny D my top tip would be to get neither! Yep thats right. You can appraantly daisy-chain all your scart devices into a DVD recorder (put your 120 towards this) and use the component out of the DVD to a chosen 'free' component board. HD says it works with Panny E55 - I think thats ugly but would do it if worked with Sony GX3/300.

3. suicidal_maniac

suicidal_maniac
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yip think thats just what I`ll do....
    Thanx