1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

js component switcher. Any good?

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Timmy C, Mar 14, 2005.

1. Timmy C

Timmy C

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +208
  2. RTFM

RTFM

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    Tim

I don't know this particular unit but the company have a good reputation for signal conversion products so it should be fine.

Why not see if they will let you have one on approval.

Jeff :rtfm:

3. Timmy C

Timmy C

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +208
    It didn't cross my mind until last night but the JS component converter doesn't have an RGB pass through like the S vid converter so I can only send the pic to either the pj or the tv but not both. Looks like I'm going to have to stick with s vid for Sky through the pj after all.

4. Joe Fernand

Joe Fernand
    Distinguished Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,573
    Timmy C

Just to be clear on the JS Technology product line up:

01. RGB2S-Video - is a Converter with RGB passthrough on SCART.

02. RGB2YUV - is a Converter with NO RGB passthrough.

03. Master Component controller - is a 2:1 YUV automatic switcher; no RGB Input, Conversion or passthrough.

As the SIM2 Domino 20 has a Faroudja DCDi Deinterlacer built in why not take SCART RGB (interlaced) from both your Digibox and DVD player via a B-Tech Quintro+ SCART control centre.

The Quintro+ gives you two RGB Outputs to play with - one to your TV (SCART to SCART) and one to the Projector (SCART to 4RCA x 10m).

Best regards

Joe

5. Timmy C

Timmy C

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +208
    The thing is I think the progressive picture from my DV27A is better than the picture using the Faroudja de-interlacer in the Sim2. What's more I'm not keen on the idea of pulling up the carpets to run a new set of cables!

What I had hoped to do was replace my rgb-svid converter with an rgb-component convereter which I would then run into the component switcher along with the component out from my dvd player. The problem is it means I can't send an rgb signal from Sky to my tv at the same time whereas I can using the rgb-svid converter.

Is there something that will split the rgb output from my digibox into two signals, one for the tv and one for the component converter?

6. Joe Fernand

Joe Fernand
    Distinguished Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,573
    Timmy C

I'd normally run the following:

Digibox RGB SCART > Quintro+ SCART controller.
    Quintro+ RGB SCART Out 01 to your TV.
    Quintro+ RGB SCART Out 02 > JS Tech RGB2YUV converter.

You can then have the YUV Out from your DVD player and the converted Digibox signal switched through the JS Tech Master Component Switcher.

I've not had a chance to really test the NEW JS Box with a signal from the likes of an FMJ DVD player - I'd normally be specifying/supplying a Zektor HDS4 IR controlled passive YUV switcher when switching high quality YUV sources (though its 4.5 x the cost of the JS Box).

I can say with the Zektor HDS4 switch in the YUV signal path it'll have no detrimental affect on your FMJ signal.

Best regards

Joe