• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

JRiver Media Center

adrian7396

Standard Member
I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this, i'm assuming any soft ware Q's go here, i did think of putting it in music ?

I can't get anywhere with WMP12, it just won't store the tags i enter at rip time
regardless of settings, artist and album come up as unknown, im creating a compilation album, and i want to rip to wav's, my portable player cant play WMA lossless, and i do not want to store my music in 2 formats or be converting formats whenever i synch my PMP.
WMP12 has also developed an odd habit of tagging the last track in a CD as unknown although it doesnt show it as unknown in the rip window.
I've tried foobar but it's unreliable, it deletes some song title tags and artist tags on some tracks, when i edit the tags some dont appear on the wav file in question. I've tried flac but wmp12 wont play them.

Anyone here tried JRiver, it costs but i'm willing to pay if it works, or maybe
someone has abetter alternative, i did think of reverting to WMP11, i think there are some problems with it on WIN7, anyhow as i remember WMP11 had it's own troubles.

Last edited:

adrian7396

Standard Member
thanx for the link
phew hard to know what conclusions to draw from that intense discussion, i did try the demo and felt certain parts didnt bode well

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom