jpg to launch m3u files

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by NaTT, Dec 19, 2006.

1. NaTT

NaTT

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +77
    I've been racking my brains for ages on this one.

I've re-ripped all my CDs to ape files and have corresponding m3u files for each album.
    I've also downloaded album cover jpgs for each album.

Now a search on the m3u's gives a rather dull folder full of m3u's and the corresponding artist/album name.

How can I instead browse a "folder" of the album covers, and with 1 cick fire the m3u (and hence Foobar to play it)?

I've tried Acedsee's HTML page creator (using the jpg's as the source), but it just wants to launch the thumbnail into the full piccy and I can't edit the source to launch the m3u instead.

I've tried Xlobby, but that'll take forever to link everything and it'll be too much to launch it and it has too much else going on to make it a "nice solution".

Making a web page seems the best idea, but what editor could take 200 images in one go and make a big table of them?

Does Vista allow you to select bespoke thumbnails for different files?

Phew! Thanks in advance....

2. KraGorn

KraGorn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    What's preventing you editing the HMTL source you get from Acedecee? Never used that app but using the HTML editor I have (Namo) I could do the same thing as you seme to have done and then edit the source.

I suppose you could converting the JPGs into .ICOs and then set up an Explorer shortcut for each playlist then using the "change icon" for each one .. kind of laborious I guess.

3. Singh400

Singh400
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,371
    WMP11 library is what you need. :thumbsup:

4. waf-tastic

waf-tastic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +44
    I've written a small Java app that looks in the folder structure you specify for m3u files. It then generates an HTML file which has the folder image (either the same as the m3u name or a default image). Selecting the image then opens the m3u file to play the music. It uses CSS so you can customise the layout and of course, you can just edit the HTML if you want different headers footers etc. I've passed it on to NaTT to see if it works for him.

5. NaTT

NaTT

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +77
    I'll be playing with waftastic's prog tonight.
    But WMP11 doesn't play ape files, and can't be told to launch another programme to do so.