JPEGs or MP3s on HDD

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by GadgetObsessed, Mar 18, 2005.

1. GadgetObsessed

GadgetObsessed

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +643
    Many DVD players can display JPEGs and play MP3s. Most HDD/DVD combos allow you to copy a (non-copyrighted) DVD to the HDD.

However, do any of the HDD/DVD recorders allow you to copy MP3 or JPEG files from a CD/DVD to the HDD?

I'm particularly interested in the Panny E95 and I had some more specific MP3/JPEG related questions:
    Can it play MP3s/JPEGs direct from a DVD-R/-RAM or is it just CD-R/-RW?
    Can it play WMA files?
    Can it copy MP3/JPEG files from a compact flash card to the HDD using the PC slot?

2. Rasczak

Rasczak
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,282
    The E95 (and E500) can only play MP3s from CD-R/RW. It can only read JPEGs on DVD-RAM, SD Card (or from any card/adaptor in the PC Card slot) or on the HDD.

No. Only Pioneer and Toshiba models read WMA.

It can copy JPEGs to/from the SD/PC card slots, DVD-RAM or the HDD. You can then view in a slideshow (as well as delete images etc).

No. Virtually all DVD recorders will play MP3s but none will copy them across. I should imagine this feature will appear eventually - it seems an obvious use for the machines - but nothing on the horizon yet :( Have you thought about getting something like the NAD Netcap instead?