1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

JPEG screen image

Discussion in 'Photography Forums' started by tspencerj, Aug 4, 2004.

1. tspencerj

tspencerj
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    When I view jpegs on my 21" TV (Not widescreen) using my DVD player, sometimes some of the photos don't fit the whole screen and have a black border around one or two of the edges. Sometimes, these borders looked curved. Is this how the images are stored on the disc, when burnt onto the CD? I use Nero 6.

2. HelenS

HelenS

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I think it's more to do with how the DVD player (and particularly the TV) handle display of the images. I haven't looked at mine much on a TV screen for this reason - TVs don't seem ideally-suited to displaying high resolution jpgs at the sizes which digital cameras produce - they also seem pretty strained by the large range of contrast in the images. I see some differences with images from different cameras - some display better than others (often the technically superior camera's results display worse - shimmering more, for example). If you can, check the display of your images on the DVD concerned on a PC with a DVD player in a program capable of displaying them - they should look a lot better there.

Helen

3. LV426

LV426
    Administrator Staff Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,975
    Curved edges are almost certainly an artefact of poorly adjusted TV geometry.

4. tspencerj

tspencerj
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thanks for all your time and advice.