1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Jpeg playback??

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by PJnewbie, Jul 2, 2004.

1. PJnewbie

PJnewbie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all,

Is it possible to play a CD-ROM with JPEG (burned straight off a PC) images directly through a DVD player?

Cheers!

2. KraGorn

KraGorn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    Some players can, but only because their firmware recognises more than just the file-structures defined by the DVD Forum as a 'standard' DVD. Likewise, such players also often play AVIs, MPGs, WMAs, MP3s etc., again these aren't in the DVD standard so it's on a per-machine basis.

My KiSS 450 can, as does my Momitisu, however a Panasonic I had couldn't nor could a Sony .. my Pioneer can but and old Toshiba couldn't, you need to refer to the machine's specs to find out what formats it supports.

3. akarit1

akarit1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
    Most dvd players that do play jpegs or picture cd as it is also known,will advertise it on the box as one of the supported formats.There are many cheaper models that do support jpegs.My Eltax Nova Home theatre player plays everything I've got including jpeg and also MPEG files - its only 99.00 @ Richer Sounds.