JPEG format - which DVD recorder to buy?

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Peter2305, Aug 7, 2005.

1. Peter2305

Peter2305

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am trying to decide which DVD recorder to buy and to understand about the various formats as I’m a novice. My wife is a keen photographer and often requests a CD of her pics from the film Processors. I understand these CDs are in JPEG format and she wants to be able to play the photo CD in the new dvd recorder and view them on our television. Unless I’m missing something somewhere, the Buyer’s Guide in What Video magazine doesn’t list the playback formats, only the record ones. We don’t want a DVD/VCR combi as we prefer separates.

My question is – can anyone tell me please, which make/models play back in JPEG format (in addition to the other usual ones) ?

Peter

2. the_pauley

the_pauley
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +198
    The new Pioneer DVDR530H has a dedicated Photoviewer purely for viewing jpegs. Not fully explored it yet as I've only had the machine a couple of days, but at first glance it has slideshow facilities and allows you to explore folders, zoom in and out, rotate the image etc.

Tried it with some images taken with my Canon 300D and the results were superb.

In all departments, I would say that after just a few days playing about, overall this is shaping up to be the best DVD recorder I have ever used.