Jpb salary

Michaelknell said:
Thanks. I was worried it may mean something like OTE.

OTE?

Gotcha.

GW43 said:
I've come to the conclusion that job ads that say "£neg", the neg means negligible!

No, it means they want to pay you as little as possible, and the amount is so embarrassing, they won't even put it in the advert!!

I guess I am going to be the nasty one :) Shocking that a question like that and the subsequent OTE needed answering....In my mind it would be a case of go back to school and pay some more attention, or don't even think of applying for a job paying that kind of money....

I am absolutely amazed....

dejongj said:
I guess I am going to be the nasty one :) Shocking that a question like that and the subsequent OTE needed answering....In my mind it would be a case of go back to school and pay some more attention, or don't even think of applying for a job paying that kind of money....

:eek: please don't be so rude. He was asking an innocent question, not asking for your slating. Play nice now, please.

dejongj said:

I went to a Grammar school and was never taught Circa..... ( Its one of many things school didnt teach me.........school dont ya just love it!!:rolleyes: )

In fact (slightly off topic), when I was at school financial awareness and general savvy werent an option, its something that was self taught - or if your lucky your parents tell you....rant over

The difference is that I don't think I am being rude I am more reflecting the thoughts of someone who might recruit someone (as I have done many a time) and highlight that the aims may be a little high when questions like that need answering, although I realise that the perception in this world of PC will dictate the opposite...

From an employers perspective, innocent questions like that should be answered by English lessons and perhaps a dictionary. Asking others is a sign of laziness.....

GJC said:
I went to a Grammar school and was never taught Circa..... ( Its one of many things school didnt teach me.........school dont ya just love it!!:rolleyes: )...
I went to a comp, and c. / circa was often brought up in history as regards imprecise dates... e.g Julius Caesar visited Britain c.55 B.C.

EDIT.. that year was probably correct so no need for circa.... but you get my point ;)

dejongj said:
The difference is that I don't think I am being rude I am more reflecting the thoughts of someone who might recruit someone (as I have done many a time) and highlight that the aims may be a little high when questions like that need answering, although I realise that the perception in this world of PC will dictate the opposite...

From an employers perspective, innocent questions like that should be answered by English lessons and perhaps a dictionary. Asking others is a sign of laziness.....

Then thank god I don't work for you, honestly is there any need for snidey comments like that, the OP only asked a question.

dejongj said:

Look at my face...does it look bothered?

dejongj said:

TBH dejongj, you are being rude.

Yes, you may be giving an "employer's perspective" (note the use of the apostrophe - a basic skill I picked up at school, maybe you were absent that day??), but the op was only asking a question. To blatantly state that he is academically lacking and lazy, that is arrogant and condescending.

Asking others is not a sign of laziness, but rather is a sign of using the resources at hand in order to address a query.

Kind Regards,

Matt Woodiwiss LLB(Hons) LLM :lesson:

Daerve said:
Then thank god I don't work for you, honestly is there any need for snidey comments like that, the OP only asked a question.

I second that motion!!

God i can imagine there is a big list of employees and ex employees just queuing up to chin you!
Id have done it a long time ago if you were my boss!!
Oh but im a grand worker and keen as mustard!! :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Xusia Of Delos said:
Trouble at Mill :rotfl:

Aye, man in ivory tower may disappear up his own jacksy if great care is not taken.:D

mjn said:
Look at my face...does it look bothered?
btw even though I answered your OTE question earlier, I didn't know what it precisely stood for, until I worked in sales about 7 years ago; could not find it in the OED (which does have abbreviations) or on the web... it was a recruitment consultant that first answered this question for me

Anyway.... agree that when a fellow forum member asks a question, its rude, arrogant and unfriendly to come back with a moan/insult :thumbsdow
- there are other sociopolitical type threads here or elsewhere for people to get on their soapbox :lesson:

Krish, BEng(Hons), MSc
(carrying on what woodywizz started ;))

Oh dear, I've been guilty of that not so British thing called giving-my-opinion-without-being-asked-about-it. My, my, aren't you all a sensitive lot :eek:

dr. ir. J-P de Jong MBA CTE

PS. Though this is not a thing about showing off about education as the subject is elementary stuff...
PPS. Yes there is a long queue to 'chin' me, why do you thing I work in the UK...A queue I can manage, anywhere else they would all attack at once :rotfl:

dejongj said:
Oh dear, I've been guilty of that not so British thing called giving-my-opinion-without-being-asked-about-it. My, my, aren't you all a sensitive lot :eek:

dr. ir. J-P de Jong MBA CTE

PS. Though this is not a thing about showing off about education as the subject is elementary stuff...
PPS. Yes there is a long queue to 'chin' me, why do you thing I work in the UK...A queue I can manage, anywhere else they would all attack at once :rotfl:

LOL i have to give you kudos for that last remark!! :D :D :D

Dr A Briers MCP/MCSE/ W E L L H U N G

I am a nice person really :) Just very opinionated and not afraid to voice it, and stay around for the concequences (helps when one is the boss ofcourse...)

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom