JP1 success!

terence8888

Established Member
Reaction score
Just a quick note to share my experience with JP1. IT"S FANTASTIC! And much cheaper than a PRONTO.

Bought a 8811+JP1 cable from Robman. My PC talked to the remote on first trial. From knowing nothing about RCs to being able to program it took me 2 to 3 days of work. The guys on hifi-remote.com are EXTREMELY helpful (particularly Robman)! Without them I would be totally lost!

Anyway, managed to programme my Panny6, Pioneer Freeview, Tag amp, Arcam DVD all up within a couple of days. Now the 8811 replaces all those remote controls which drive my wife nuts. The macro/keymove facilities are extremely useful. I didn't think of it before but all the codes are re-useable if you change to another JP1 RC. NEAT!

One point is that for the UK, it maybe best to have a learning remote since most of the codes are done for the US models and you probably need to do a bit of reverse engineering to figure out the codes for the UK stuff. Of course you can look at the Pronto stuff (I did) too but the learning capability is useful anyhow.

im searching for some information about remotes. this maybe is going to help me. Thanks a lot fot thid info.

Congrats Terence, I'm glad it worked for you. Be sure to load up the KM files you created to the file section when they're done.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom