1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

JOYTECH JS965 question

Discussion in 'Cables & Switches' started by skanky, Jul 4, 2004.

1. skanky

Jun 25, 2004
    Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    I've got one of these on order and was wondering how i would connect it all up with my Yamaha RX-V450 reciever and my TV via RGB SCART.

I notice that the Joytech has 4 sets of connectors including an optical for each set of connections. Can I plug all the different inputs into the Joytech and select just one input (DTV/CBL) to output all sounds from any device connected to the switch.

At the moment the XBOX is plugged into the argos switch via Advanced SCART cable with an optical cable going into my AVR for 5.1 sound.. So everytime I want to play my XBOX, I have to select port3 on the switch (for video) and then DTV/CBL on the AVR (for audio) --hardly ideal. The same applies for my other equipment.

I want to be able to turn my TV on, switch the AVR onto DTV/CBL (which will be the switch) and be able to get sound via optical cable from any device on the switch without changing anything further on the AVR.

Is there an optical out(?) on the switch to allow what i want?

Please someone tell me if the Joytech will do what I need not.