Joss Stone - Soul Sessions

I hate Joss Stone's White Stripes cover with a passion.

I hate that cover too.

My favourite song on "her" album is probably 'Victim Of A Foolish Heart'.

I hate Joss Stone's White Stripes cover with a passion.

Personally I love her version! Really like the whole album too and don't understand the karaoke references. There's plenty of brilliant artists who don't write their own songs, but are renowned for their interpretations.

She's got a huge talent, that's beyond dispute, but i think what a couple of people including myself are trying to get across is in comparison to other singers she's trying too hard and comes a across a bit 'pop idol'..

I'm not trying to criticise her as such, just hoping that when she starts singing her own material she'll calm down a bit and let her (amazing) voice do the talking rather than overdoing the singing...

Apparently this album was put together as a showcase part way through the production of her next (first) album which was 3/4 written (her own songs) at the time, I heard this on the R" interview with her a couple of weeks ago.

Anyone know where I could have a quick listen to some Mindy Smith Without using 'Real Player'

Cheers Steve :thumbsup: That is another one for the Shopping List, do they charge postage on the HMV site?

Just decided I can not afford the new amp I want this year so as some sort of consolation I have just gone mad buying CD’s put an order in at secondspin.com and ordered, Tom Mcrae - Tom Mcrae, Diana Krall - Live In Paris Beth Orton - Central Reservation, Sarah Mclachlan - Solace and Seal - Seal (1994) for the princely sum of $40, then today I have been to Fopp and bought Tracey Chapman – Let it rain, Beth Orton - Trailer Park, and a couple of others (Anastacia, best of bowie and some John Coltrain) bit of a mix I know but at £5 each it would be rude to buy just one, :oops: I also ordered Diana Krall – The girl next door from cd wow.

Just need to find time to listen to them all. :smashin:

:nono: Never go to Fopp just to have a look round, you will ALWAYS find some sort of bargain in there. There is a tendency to pick up CDs with nice looking covers and say "well it's only a fiver"

Yea HMV do charge postage: 1st class mail £1.00

Not listened to trailer park for ages, so that's some thing to do this weekend

Doh :eek: Done it again, Just ordered Mindy Smith and Eddy Grant (for the wife ;) ) From HMV, Somone :lease: stop me.

keep going pwiles.. you're on a roll..... :D

No logging off now before I have another accident :laugh: :laugh: .
Going to listen to some of this great new music :smashin: .

what's the mindy smith album called ?

I'm gonna get some myself tomo and may as well try a different album...

Whiteflyer, So where do you live Adlington Anderton or Heath Charnock?, Had a quick look at the list, must say I have a lot of the albums on there, no Kylie or Britney of course :rotfl:, I do not have much time at the moment to reply, it has just taken me hours to reorganise my two CD racks to fit in all the new cd's by appropriate group, I have doomed several more old CD's to the bottom drawer :rolleyes:. Well have to go and play golf (badly :D ) now :hiya:.

I have been meaning to make a list of all of my cd's, i dont suppose someone has a program that lets you put a cd in your PC drive and read it into a list? It will have to be good old Excel I guess.

The program you need is CDTrustee.
HTML:
http://www.base40.com/cdtDownload.html
It does just as you ask, put your CDs in the computer one afer the other and when your ready it will go on the internet and get the info for it's database.
Artist / Title / Tracks / Genre / Year / Format / Record Label and so on.

Here is my CD collection at last, It took we a while to sort out some web space been a bit busy, I suppose I will have to do something with it now.

If this does not open please let me know, I am still a bit armature with this stuff. :clown:

See Below

How about now?

:oops: Sorry it is on a MSN site and you need net passport, it is quick and free if you can be bothered.

Sorry Paul but to view your list we must be members of your group, I have asked to join :laugh:

On the hifi pics page what are the two bits of kit on the bottom shelf either side of the cds??

They are Marantz MA6100 Mono Block Amplifiers. I Bi-Amplify the Main Speakers with these and the AV amp, the Mono-blocks drive the Bass and the AV amp drive the tweeters it works very well, I managed to borrow a Roksan Kandy MkIII stereo amp last week with the idea of buying one to improve stereo performance, but I could not hear a difference between the Roksan and my current system, so if course I did not buy one :rolleyes:

There is not a lot on the Group that is of interest to you it is mainly family photos as we have relatives spread across the globe, I will mail you the list and try and find somewhere else to store it so that People do not have to mess around with MSN.

OK Built my own site none of this MSN rubbish (Goodbye Mr Gates Hello Mr Branson :eek: ) Here is the link to the PDF I was trying to get you to earlier-

http://freespace.virgin.net/pwiles.1968/MyWeb/Files/MyCDs.pdf

My site is still being worked on and will be for a while 2009 probably :clown:but there is a link in my profile, I am busy trying to compress photos for those like me who are still on dial-up. :rotfl:

Just Pre-Ordered The New Joss Stone – Album ‘Mind Body Soul’ :thumbsup: unfortunately it will not be released until September 27th :(

Just had a look at your CD list, god we have a lot of the same stuff, but why have you got Jamie Oliver's Cookin' - Music To Cook By :laugh:

Don't forget to give a review when you get the Joss Stone album I was going to pre-order too but spent too much recently and after the DVDPacific hack / worm / fraud :eek: I canceled my credit card so no cds untill I get a new one.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom