Jose Mourinho back CHELSEA

DrWise

Ex Member
Reaction score
Appointed manager again
4 year contract
Back to Chelsea and the 1-0 wins :)

I am happy he's back

We all remember how things went for King Kenny and Howard Kendall second ( and third time round for HK!). Since he was last in the prem. Man Utd rediscovered their mojo and City have come to the fore, so I'm not convinced his return will trigger an instant return of trophies. He struggled badly in La Liga this year in a two club league, so who knows how he will fare in the more competitive PL?

We all remember how things went for King Kenny and Howard Kendall second ( and third time round for HK!). Since he was last in the prem. Man Utd rediscovered their mojo and City have come to the fore, so I'm not convinced his return will trigger an instant return of trophies. He struggled badly in La Liga this year in a two club league, so who knows how he will fare in the more competitive PL?

Kenny should not be in the same managerial sentence as Mourinho.

Mourinho goes where there's money. No doubt he's been promised massive sums of cash; so that should be able to deal with City's cash.

Mourinho goes where there's money. No doubt he's been promised massive sums of cash; so that should be able to deal with City's cash.

Come again? Why should he not? The man won 3 league titles, one of which was with some of the best attacking football ever seen in the British game(87'88 season).

Come again? Why should he not? The man won 3 league titles, one of which was with some of the best attacking football ever seen in the British game(87'88 season).

You've been watching too many re-runs of the Forest game. :D

Haha, not at all! My point was that its a different league to the one he left, and old managers going back to the place of former glories doesn't always have the same effect as the first time. I never wanted Kenny back the second time as I felt that too much time had passed for him since he last managed in the PL. I am willing to predict that he won't see out the 4 yr deal he's signed.

I'm actually glad he's back on these shores. A real character. Whether or not he can do it all again I don't know. But looking forward to his comments :)

Glad to see him back though doubt it will be as successful as the first time around, these things rarely are, keeping Rafa would of probably been a better option IMO, even better still they should of never sacked Carlo.

Only reason I'm glad he's back, is one his press conferences
And two I'm sure he will dismantle Chelsea while winning a couple trophies

Quite right, Mourinho is a great.

Only reason I'm glad he's back, is one his press conferences
And two I'm sure he will dismantle Chelsea while winning a couple trophies

thats 2 reasons :laugh:

sorry reasons not reason haha

I agree.

Mourinho is a good manager but Kenny is a legend.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

Because sport is defined by era's

There's no logic in comparing a Scotsman who can barely speak English and won his 4 titles in one country across 10 years, to a man who has won 7 League titles in the same period, in 4 different Leagues (and 2 European cups)

Mourinho is more comparable to Trapattoni than KD

The original point of the post was to say that I didnt think it would work out the same second time around the same way as it did during his initial spell.

Last edited:
Agreed, it'll either be spectacular or he'll be gone in a year

IMO he's a better manager now then he was in 2005, yet the League is weaker

There are so many uncertainties for the coming season that its impossible to predict. Nobody knows how Moyes or Pellegrini will do. Ironically for stability, Chelsea look better set than those 2 clubs through the return of Mourinho. The owner is the same, as is the captain and goalkeeper. I think they're 2 players away from being the best squad in the League

It's not clear what's going on at Arsenal either. Wenger has less than 12 months to go on his contract

The 13:30pm press conference is live on Chelsea's YouTube channel should anyone be interested

I'm watching in tele. Looking forward to hearing what he has to say

As a Manchester United fan I'm not happy to see Mourinho back, but as a premier league fan its good to see him back. :)

Early predictions, 1st chelsea, Man City 2nd Man United 3rd

So many variables this coming season it's harder to call than ever!

I'll make my predictions after 7-8 League games. I expect Chelsea will concede a lot less goals and earn at least 15 so more points

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom