RedDevil85

Outstanding Member
Reaction score
Links: Amazon.co.uk - HMV - Warner Bros UK - Zavvi

Release date: 10/02/2020

Joker_4K.jpg

Steelbook option threads:

Joker (Amazon UK Exclusive) (4K UHD/Blu-ray Steelbook)

Joker (4K UHD/Blu-ray Steelbook)

Last edited:
— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
Going to see this Saturday, so it's on my radar as a pre order dependant if I like it or not

Must have item, release would be around Jan/Feb time and just in time for the Oscars.

Must have item, release would be around Jan/Feb time and just in time for the Oscars.
I've seen lots of fab reviews but there's a few bad ones floating around the guardian has said it's terrible, we shall see

I've seen lots of fab reviews but there's a few bad ones floating around the guardian has said it's terrible, we shall see
I don't know anyone that takes The Guardian seriously unless they live in a cave, live off the land, hug trees, do not use any tech, protest and smash up places because they need to do something as they're bored and use leafs instead of loo roll ......... :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

I don't know anyone that takes The Guardian seriously unless they live in a cave, live off the land, hug trees, do not use any tech, protest and smash up places because they need to do something as they're bored and use leafs instead of loo roll ......... :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
A review there gave it 5/5 last week. This week? 2/5 by Bradshaw. But...its Bradshaw so 2/5 means its a must see!

The word you’re looking for is ‘Hippy’

A review there gave it 5/5 last week. This week? 2/5 by Bradshaw. But...its Bradshaw so 2/5 means its a must see!
tbh, I would expect 2/5 from them, even 1/5 because the movie is against everything they stand for as a newspaper..

tbh, I would expect 2/5 from them, even 1/5 because the movie is against everything they stand for as a newspaper..
Judging by your description of a Guardian reader, you clearly have no clue what they stand for as a newspaper.

Judging by your description of a Guardian reader, you clearly have no clue what they stand for as a newspaper.
Even the most...ardent Grauniad fan knows their faults. Overpraising very 'worthy' films and criticising anything slightly controversial is par for the course. Oh and giving the same film a great review one week and then blasting it the next week because it isnt 'woke' (god I hate that word).

If the Guardian said tomorrow was Saturday I wouldn’t believe it.

Wow started a debate on the guardian , a paper I don't even read, but the review came up on my feed. I take no notice of reviews anyway, if I fancy a film, I will go see it, I was just surprised, that it got a bad review, when most reviews have been positive regardless. And in this case, I'm seeing joker this afternoon so looking forward to it.

Wow started a debate on the guardian , a paper I don't even read, but the review came up on my feed. I take no notice of reviews anyway, if I fancy a film, I will go see it, I was just surprised, that it got a bad review, when most reviews have been positive regardless. And in this case, I'm seeing joker this afternoon so looking forward to it.
Its a good place for arguments ;)

Its obvious why Bradshaw gave it a bad review...the Graun really are pathetic sometimes.

Saw the film last night and Bradshaw's review is not far from my own. It's not the masterpiece purported, the director has absolutely plagiarised Taxi Driver, King of Comedy and Cape Fear. Phoenix is superb, but the film is less than the sum of its parts. The Guardian sometimes reveals unpalatable truths!

Already looking forward to this release after seeing the film yesterday. Think it will look stunning in 4k HDR.

Release date (UK): 10th February 2020

Confirmed artwork added to OP.

Last edited:
Were is the cheapest place to buy and import the USA version. Mario on eBay is charging a whopping £45 quid for some reason. any help much appreciated

Were is the cheapest place to buy and import the USA version. Mario on eBay is charging a whopping £45 quid for some reason. any help much appreciated

He always charges a premium for pre-release dispatch, if you wait until it’s officially released his price will drop by half pretty quickly.

Reviews starting to appear. Can’t wait

-- As an eBay Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases --
-- As an eBay Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases --

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom