Wow, what a transfer. Cinematography and aspect ratio help but this is possibly the best looking UHD I've seen so far.
That’s tempting me to buy this

Gave mine a spin last night. Just as good as a remembered from seeing it in the cinema and i paid closer attention to the use of colour and the cinematography this time around.

Shooting in Arri 65 really paid off imo. I'am not a fan of shooting on digital but in the case of the Joker, they managed to get it to look like film. Setting it in the 80s and in New York was a big help.

Ordered from the US via ebay after seeing some of the posts here. Ordered a week ago today and the tracking updates are depressingly slow. It hasn't moved in four days..

Ironically, I can't help think his isn't going to show up before the UK release date. Not impressed...

Ordered from the US via ebay after seeing some of the posts here. Ordered a week ago today and the tracking updates are depressingly slow. It hasn't moved in four days..

Ironically, I can't help think his isn't going to show up before the UK release date. Not impressed...

I wouldn’t get too worried about the tracking, it can be a little hit and miss, the last update for my copy of the Joker is on the 8th of January showing it at a facility in Los Angeles, I actually received the discs on Thursday........... of last week :)

I wouldn’t get too worried about the tracking, it can be a little hit and miss, the last update for my copy of the Joker is on the 8th of January showing it at a facility in Los Angeles, I actually received the discs on Thursday........... of last week :)

That's hugely reassuring, thank you so much! I'm like a kid on Chrismas morning, it's ridiculous. Thanks again.

Exactly what happened with mine. Got to LA, then nothing at all. Turned up 7 days after ordering. LA is obviously where it leaves on the plane, then theres no tracking.

The packaging for mine was incredible. There was about 6 layers. It was like pass the parcel!

Exactly what happened with mine. Got to LA, then nothing at all. Turned up 7 days after ordering. LA is obviously where it leaves on the plane, then theres no tracking.

The packaging for mine was incredible. There was about 6 layers. It was like pass the parcel!

Haha yea it was a bit excessive. Good service tho. Ordered 11pm Tuesday, arrived next Tuesday morning.

What are Amazon like for delivering these early? Any hope for Friday?

If you want a chance of getting it early I would recommend WBShop, got my copy of the 2001 UHD from them on the Friday before release plus if it’s your first order you can save 10%

Ive had titles on the Saturday before release and also the next day after release. I’m on prime.
It does say on the page ‘receive by 10th February’ but it’s pot luck I think.
Zoom are the same in my experience.
I’ve went for amazon as I want the steelbook and if it arrives damaged they are the easiest for replacing / refunding. It’ll be a bonus if it arrives on Saturday

Was hoping for a dispatch from WB shop. They have taken my money but not despatch.

Just got notification my Amazon order is out for delivery today.
Can’t wait to watch it again.!:clap:

Loved this in the cinema but strange I don't feel the need to see it again :(

funny I’m the same. Had this on open-order but cancelled it a couple of days ago. Think I need to wait another year or so to watch it again I reckon.

Just got notification my Amazon order is out for delivery today.
Can’t wait to watch it again.!:clap:

my steelbook from Amazon just arrived now. Nice surprise on a Sunday. Tonight’s viewing sorted

I got my Rental copy of Joker UHD today from Cinema Paradiso must say I thought the movie was outstanding and that Joaquin Phoenix certainly deserved the Oscar.

Something strange though with the disk, setup on audio stated Atmos was available but when selected it would only displayed a DD surround option on my Denon X4500 avr. If I checked what audio options were available on the avr for the disc there was no Atmos option available.

Anyone else having a similar issue. The sound was great but no native Atmos. :(

I got my Rental copy of Joker UHD today from Cinema Paradiso must say I thought the movie was outstanding and that Joaquin Phoenix certainly deserved the Oscar.

Something strange though with the disk, setup on audio stated Atmos was available but when selected it would only displayed a DD surround option on my Denon X4500 avr. If I checked what audio options were available on the avr for the disc there was no Atmos option available.

Agree, loved the film but the Atmos track played perfectly for us on a Marantz SR6012. It's not the rental version though, i picked up the American 4k version.

Last edited:

I’ll be getting a copy from the same place tom. Will let you know how I get on the 4500

Also have the Denon X4500, no issues with Atmos playback on mine, playing on a Panasonic ub820, disc bought from Amazon though

Mine is using a Panny UB700 no problems before with any Atmos discs, my copy of Joker was a rental copy was yours?.

Mine is using a Panny UB700 no problems before with any Atmos discs, my copy of Joker was a rental copy was yours?.

i’d be surprised if the rental copy was different

I played the uk retail 4k disc I bought from amazon and it played Atmos no problems on my onkyo .

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom