Quantcast

Joker 4K UHD

golden phoenix

Distinguished Member
Going to see this Saturday, so it's on my radar as a pre order dependant if I like it or not

Hampy1972

Must have item, release would be around Jan/Feb time and just in time for the Oscars.

golden phoenix

Distinguished Member
Must have item, release would be around Jan/Feb time and just in time for the Oscars.
I've seen lots of fab reviews but there's a few bad ones floating around the guardian has said it's terrible, we shall see

Hampy1972

I've seen lots of fab reviews but there's a few bad ones floating around the guardian has said it's terrible, we shall see
I don't know anyone that takes The Guardian seriously unless they live in a cave, live off the land, hug trees, do not use any tech, protest and smash up places because they need to do something as they're bored and use leafs instead of loo roll ......... :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Jim Di Griz

Distinguished Member
I don't know anyone that takes The Guardian seriously unless they live in a cave, live off the land, hug trees, do not use any tech, protest and smash up places because they need to do something as they're bored and use leafs instead of loo roll ......... :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
A review there gave it 5/5 last week. This week? 2/5 by Bradshaw. But...its Bradshaw so 2/5 means its a must see!

barnaby jones

Distinguished Member
The word you’re looking for is ‘Hippy’

Hampy1972

Hampy1972

A review there gave it 5/5 last week. This week? 2/5 by Bradshaw. But...its Bradshaw so 2/5 means its a must see!
tbh, I would expect 2/5 from them, even 1/5 because the movie is against everything they stand for as a newspaper..

Mallardo

tbh, I would expect 2/5 from them, even 1/5 because the movie is against everything they stand for as a newspaper..
Judging by your description of a Guardian reader, you clearly have no clue what they stand for as a newspaper.

Jim Di Griz

Distinguished Member
Judging by your description of a Guardian reader, you clearly have no clue what they stand for as a newspaper.
Even the most...ardent Grauniad fan knows their faults. Overpraising very 'worthy' films and criticising anything slightly controversial is par for the course. Oh and giving the same film a great review one week and then blasting it the next week because it isnt 'woke' (god I hate that word).

featherhall

Distinguished Member
If the Guardian said tomorrow was Saturday I wouldn’t believe it.

golden phoenix

Distinguished Member
Wow started a debate on the guardian , a paper I don't even read, but the review came up on my feed. I take no notice of reviews anyway, if I fancy a film, I will go see it, I was just surprised, that it got a bad review, when most reviews have been positive regardless. And in this case, I'm seeing joker this afternoon so looking forward to it.

Jim Di Griz

Distinguished Member
Wow started a debate on the guardian , a paper I don't even read, but the review came up on my feed. I take no notice of reviews anyway, if I fancy a film, I will go see it, I was just surprised, that it got a bad review, when most reviews have been positive regardless. And in this case, I'm seeing joker this afternoon so looking forward to it.
Its a good place for arguments ;)

Its obvious why Bradshaw gave it a bad review...the Graun really are pathetic sometimes.

Jim Di Griz

Distinguished Member
I hope its not in the same vein as You Were Never Really Here. Great performance by Phoenix of course but dodgy film. The Graun loved it...I cant think why ;)

Jim Di Griz

Distinguished Member
OK Ill tell those of you who dont know..
Probably because that film had a female director...

dagraham

Already looking forward to this release after seeing the film yesterday. Think it will look stunning in 4k HDR.

golden phoenix

Distinguished Member
Were is the cheapest place to buy and import the USA version. Mario on eBay is charging a whopping £45 quid for some reason. any help much appreciated

Indiana Jones

Were is the cheapest place to buy and import the USA version. Mario on eBay is charging a whopping £45 quid for some reason. any help much appreciated
He always charges a premium for pre-release dispatch, if you wait until it’s officially released his price will drop by half pretty quickly.

simonblue

Distinguished Member

golden phoenix

Distinguished Member

Indiana Jones