Joist problem

A

AV nutter

Ok just been into attic to look at my joist running down on the sloping part of roof i measured the width from the back breeze block wall has BIT OF WOOD GOING TO FIRST JOIST OUTSIDE TO OUTSIDE EDGE 25INCHES SO MY PROBLE BEING MY LIVING ROOM IS 176 LONG 120 IN WIDE SO HOW DO I WORK OUT WHER PJ WILL LIVE AND WHAT JOIST I HIT .MIKE PS SO MY FIRST JOIST I CAN USE WILL BE 25INCHES OFF BACK WALL THEN ANOTHER 25 INCHES FOWARD TO NEXT JOIST I THINK IM RIGHT

sbowler

You can add extra studs between the joists anywhere you want. Decide what screen size you want based on where your sitting. Use this viewing distance calculator, here http://www.myhometheater.homestead.com/viewingdistancecalculator.html
It doesnt have to be exactly spot on the placement of the PJ, you can use the zoom controls to adjust for best fit on screen. Mine, a panny 700 sits 3mtrs from screen and can easily fill a 90inch screen. At the moment I have an 82inch screen.

A

AV nutter

ok off to buy some more deep channel uni strut tommorow and some nuts and square warshers that should do me plus more threaded bar:smashin: .mike

Barcoing Mad

Sadly CRT PJs don't have the zoom facility.

Mike- there is a stack of throw distance data on line and it's also in the downloadable manuals. Have a look at Henry's site or one of the others.

You need to post a few sketches if possible. Very diifficult to advise otherwise!

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Philips OLED+935 impressions, Denon AVC110 Review, Film Reviews, News and More...
Top Bottom