1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Joint Ops

Discussion in 'General Video Gaming Chat' started by Synchronicity, Jul 2, 2004.

1. Synchronicity

Synchronicity

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +214
    Anyone played this game yet?Has it delivered today,and only managed to try it out swiftly before coming to work but it seemed quite impressive.

The graphics werent Farcry standard by any means but the maps are HUGE.
    Seems to be almost on the scale of Planetside(not quite ,but nearly)but without the monthly sub,which cant be a bad thing :clap:

Gonna try it properly after work and see if Im bored after half hour or if it is actually pretty decent.

2. Synchronicity

Synchronicity

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +214
    Well,what can I say;after getting home from a late shift last night I decided to give this game a proper try out.I finally made myself go to bed at 5 this morning :eek:

This is one of the most enjoyable games Ive played for a while,to put it simply"This is what BF Vietnam should have been"(if it was set in Vietnam obviously ;) )

Theres a massive selection of weapons to choose from,loads of vehicles,including jeeps,boats,choppers,etc and the maps are HUGE,I mean reeeaaally big,the graphics are pretty good to,not excellent but given the scale of the maps this is understandable.

Ive probably played most of the war games released over the last few years and this 1 just seems different,more realistic and submerssive but without losing that element of fun,I suppose you could class it as cross between Battlefield and Flashpoint.

I recently reactivated my Planetside acocunt after 6 months off and over the last few weeks I have realised how much I love the large scale battles which only PS has been able to provide,until now!Joint Ops has 150 people servers and last night I was involved in battles which I would only usually have expected in PS but with modern day weapons and NO LAG WHATSOEVER!!!!

Not bad for a game that doesnt require a monthly subscription fee :clap:

Obviously,this game wont be to everyones taste and there are still some bugs and graphic glitches that need ironing out,but they have already released 2 patches since release 2 weeks ago which is pretty good IMO seeing as EA took over 2 months to release the first patch for BFV :nono:

To be honest,anyone who likes any sort of online shooter should at least try this game(I think theres a demo available),at the moment I am absolutely loving it and Im afraid its time for Planetside to go back on the shelf for another few months :hiya:

The games just seem to be getting better :thumbsup:

3. Hawklord

Hawklord

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +257
    I really rate this game too. I've played both the demo's for weeks (got me £17.99's worth with just them imo) now and received the full version on Friday.
    The full version appears to run a lot smoother than the demo's on my system and the variety of maps and choice of class/weapons a plenty.

If your looking for a familiar face then look out for Priv8pileOCUK on the players list I'll be waiting....... :cool:

4. cj

cj

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +74
    I fully agree - I've never been into "war" games, but this game is superb. I've been up until 4:30am two nights in a row.