Joining speaker cable. Is it ok?

F

funkyboogalooo

Just received a new hi-fi amp (Tag Mclaren) which as part of the deal had some chord rumour cable in with it. Trouble is the one length is about 2 metres short whilst the other is 2 metres too long. Can i cut of the one and join the spare to the other? I will silver solder and heatshrink the joints?
Waddya reckon dudes? Will I notice aloss in signal?
Mike

saturday

Standard Member
Is this a joke or maybe I'm being thick?

If one is 2m too short and the other 2m too long then if you swap them round they'll both be the right length!

F

funkyboogalooo

Originally posted by funkyboogalooo
Just received a new hi-fi amp (Tag Mclaren) which as part of the deal had some chord rumour cable in with it. Trouble is the one length is about 2 metres short whilst the other is 2 metres too long. Can i cut of the one and join the spare to the other? I will silver solder and heatshrink the joints?
Waddya reckon dudes? Will I notice aloss in signal?
Mike
no its not a joke. both lengths are 3.5m long but the amp is not in the middle, its to the left of the left speaker. so it therefore goes that the left speaker cable doesnt need to be as long as the right.
Mike

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Panasonic HX800 TV + Sony HT-G700 Soundbar reviews, movie and TV show news and reviews
Top Bottom