Joining SKY-HD finally :D

spluff

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I have signed up for the SKY-HD service and it includes SKY-TALK rental FREE.

I am just wondering will this automatically change over from BT or do I need to speak to BT?

I pay quarterly in advance and just wondering will I be refunded from BT the line rental thats paid in advance?

Also It wont get installed until mid-July so will my monthly billing start from that date I presume?

Thanks for your time - looking forward to some HD!

Q:I am just wondering will this automatically change over from BT or do I need to speak to BT?
A: No, Sky will gloat to BT and save you the trouble! BT will call you in a lame effort to coax you back.

Q:I pay quarterly in advance and just wondering will I be refunded from BT the line rental thats paid in advance?
A: I was, they sent me a cheque - I suppose I ought to be grateful but cheques are a pain these days.

Q:Also It wont get installed until mid-July so will my monthly billing start from that date I presume?
A: I'd assume so, but I don't really know on this one.

Thanks for your time - looking forward to some HD!
No trouble, that' s what AVF is for - enjoy it!

I did the same as you. i got a refund on my advance charges and then 2 months later got a bill of £112.72 for "cancellation fees" for friends and family/Free evening and weekend calls service. (Contract wasn't due up till Oct this year.)

I'd maybe pre-empt their "loyalty" call and double check if there are any cancellation fees.

Other than that switchover went smoothly and they updated progress on website pretty regulary.

Roddy

I did the same as you. i got a refund on my advance charges and then 2 months later got a bill of £112.72 for "cancellation fees" for friends and family/Free evening and weekend calls service. (Contract wasn't due up till Oct this year.)

I'd maybe pre-empt their "loyalty" call and double check if there are any cancellation fees.

Other than that switchover went smoothly and they updated progress on website pretty regulary.

Roddy

I had the same problem with BT after switching to Skytalk. Had moved house a few months before so BT said I'd agreed to another 12 month contract. I argued the toss saying that I'd never been told (which I hadn't) so in the end they cancelled the £70 cancellation fee.

I'd always ask them to prove where you agreed to the contract before paying them.

Marcus

Got them to waive it. They initially said that as i'd been wrongly informed there was no cancellation fee that they'd cut fee by 50%. I said that as they;d admitted the error i shoudln't have to pay anything. Finally got it sorted.

Glad to be away to be honest. Left hand doesn;t know what right hand is doing.

Cheers

cheers guys.......

ive just submitted my mac code for my broadband which will start on the 29th June.

My Sky HD install isnt until the 14th July.......

How will this billing work?

I dont want to pay for a service which I didnt get until the 14th!!!!!

cheers guys.......

ive just submitted my mac code for my broadband which will start on the 29th June.

In my experience of a lot of chopping and changing packages etc, Sky have always been spot on with their proportional billing :smashin:.

They seem to be able to start/stop billing from any time/date and adjust accordingly. Of course in this day and age they should have no problem doing that but it is reassuring to know that, unlike certain floundering companies, Sky are not out to shaft you - at least not on your billing :).

cheers guys.......

wow 14th july long wait i just got sky hd and had it installed the same week i made the order

Well good luck. I was as excited as you...but then Sky is like an abusive parent. A parent who wraps up an empty box and puts it under the christmas tree for little Timmy to open. A parent who says he'll take you football practice but instead goes out on the p!ss. A parent who leaves you locked in the house for two weeks while she's in Spain banging a waiter half her age. A parent who would sell you to the Russian mafia who intend using your organs for spare parts. A parent who would sell you to the Qing Wong Tok dog food factory in the outskirts of Beijing. Welcome to HD. :hiya: :thumbsup:

Oh yeah, here's a little conundrum: What happens if you install Sky and then find your Sky box connected to the phone line is giving noise on the line and your broadband doesn't work? Well if you're like me, you just disconnect the box from the phone line. What happens though, if you're signed up to Sky Talk as well. Well? What do you do? Well? Well? Exactly.

Here Timmy...I took a dump and put it in a box for you, wrapped it up and put it under the christmas tree. Yes Timmy, it's called "free line rental", I hope you like it.

edited for crap typing

Last edited:
Well good luck. I was as excited as you...but then Sky is like an abusive parent. A parent who wraps up an empty box and puts it under the christmas tree for little Timmy to open. A parent who says he'll take you football practice but instead goes out on the p!ss. A parent who leaves you locked in the house for two weeks while she's in Spain banging a waiter half her age. A parent who would sell you to the Russian mafia who intend using your organs for spare parts. A parent who would sell you to the Qing Wong Tok dog food factory in the outskirts of Beijing. Welcome to HD. :hiya: :thumbsup:

Oh yeah, here's a little conundrum: What happens if you install Sky and then find your Sky box connected to the phone line is giving noise on the line and your broadband doesn't work? Well if you're like me, you just disconnect the box from the phone line. What happens though, if you're signed up to Sky Talk as well. Well? What do you do? Well? Well? Exactly.

Here Timmy...I took a dump and put it in a box for you, wrapped it up and put it under the christmas tree. Yes Timmy, it's called "free line rental", I hope you like it.

edited for crap typing

:oops:

Wow, I nominate that for post of the year :clap::clap::clap:

Wow, there's some reeeeeeeeeeeeal issues there! Good luck with the therapy... :rolleyes:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom