Quantcast

John Wick : Chapter 5 (TBC)

Drax1

Distinguished Member
John Wick screenwriter Derek Kolstad has been discussing the franchise's future. Given that we're already getting a movie spin-off AND a tv series, news that we could well have a Chapter 5 coming shouldn't be a massive surprise. He's quoted as saying "If you look at Chapter 4 and go ' Is it one long movie, or do you take your time, let it breathe, he it's own creature as 4 and 5?'."
"I dont know how many there will be, but I think the plan right now, at the very least is 4 to 5."

These are relatively low budget considering the increasingly big box office returns, so I'll file this under pretty likely. Assuming of course, Mr Reeves is down for yet another. Personally, I enjoyed the first, but feel the last 2 didn't deliver fully, and was hoping Chapter 4 would draw a line under things storywise.

bruce-leroy

Distinguished Member
Same here, loved the first but 2 after that were patchy.

Drax1

Distinguished Member
What’s the spin off movie? Haven’t heard about that one.
Here you go matey -

barnaby jones

Distinguished Member
I’ll be honest I thought Chapter 3 was going to wrap things up.... enjoy these movies, so if they want to do a couple movie it’s fine by me.

Drax1

Distinguished Member
I’ll be honest I thought Chapter 3 was going to wrap things up.... enjoy these movies, so if they want to do a couple movie it’s fine by me.
There was nobody more surprised than me, when Chapter 3's credits rolled to leave yet another cliffhanger. I thought things were set to be a trilogy, so felt a little cheated.

richp007

Distinguished Member
They were, and then the big box office and Reeves' return meant they realised they were onto something big.

Could end up like Friday 13th with John impossible to kill and a Part 10 - in space :D

Casimir Harlow

Blu-ray Reviewer
They were, and then the big box office and Reeves' return meant they realised they were onto something big.

Could end up like Friday 13th with John impossible to kill and a Part 10 - in space :D
I firmly believe it should be mandatory that every “Part 10” should go full Moonraker, whether it be Mission Impossible, Fast and Furious or, if it gets that far, John Wick.

Even Bond did it at the 11 mark.

hippo99

Distinguished Member
I firmly believe it should be mandatory that every “Part 10” should go full Moonraker, whether it be Mission Impossible, Fast and Furious or, if it gets that far, John Wick.

Even Bond did it at the 11 mark.
Dark Phoenix was the 10th X-Men film (not including the Deadpool films) :laugh: