John Wick: Chapter 3 - Parabellum Review & Comments

Casimir Harlow

Movies Editor
Reaction score
awesome,thanks for the review cas,been waiting for this,will see over the weekend.:cool:

You had me at 'grin-enducing excess' :)
Great review thanks - sounds like a must!

Thanks Cas. I’m very much looking forward to seeing this over the weekend, it may well be my most anticipated film of the year.

Nice.

When I picked up the first pair in a sale on Apple, I didn't really know anything about them and didn't watch the first for some time. Then recently watched the first and wondered why the hell I had missed it. Saving 2 so I can go into 3 when it is out on streaming.

Thanks for the review Cas.....

I saw this movie last night as well and all i can say is this is one damn fine action movie !!
From start to finish you get served with action scenes that raise the bar from the last movies and i enjoyed myself so much that i will see this again in theaters !
Trust me when i say that doesn't happen very much, only Endgame i saw two times recently :)

So i agree with your review Cas and HIGHLY recommend this.

Thanks for the Review, Cas. Really excited to see this asap!

Saw it last night, I was grinning and wincing in equal measure during the awesome fight scenes. Because the action was so good, the scenes between them seemed to drag to me. And I agree that the ‘comedy’ by Dacascos didn’t really work. And how this film didn’t get an 18 certificate I’ll never know! Still had a blast though

Saw it last night, I was grinning and wincing in equal measure during the awesome fight scenes. Because the action was so good, the scenes between them seemed to drag to me. And I agree that the ‘comedy’ by Dacascos didn’t really work. And how this film didn’t get an 18 certificate I’ll never know! Still had a blast though

Film ratings are mental

Deadpool and Game of Thrones are 15's which is mental to me whereas the Matrix is also a 15 apparently and I though it would be a PG13 at most. I'm still struggling to understand how they'd give the Matrix the same rating as Deadpool or GoT. I've allowed my 12yo to watch the Matrix as it's just a laod of fantasy violence equivalent to a cartoon. I wouldn't let him watch GoT or DP at 15! GoT and Deadpool drop F and C bombs in almost every episode, severed limbs, gore, sex all over the place. They're not even in the same league.

G

Sounds like a winner, will probably watch next week.

And how this film didn’t get an 18 certificate I’ll never know! Still had a blast though
The bits that I was surprised at was the
knives into the eyes scenes. There was one particular one in the China Town scene, where the knife is very slowly being pushed into the guys eye, and then you get a trickle of blood coming out of his eye - all in full view of the camera. Nothing in shadow or obscured.

I certainly don't want it censored, but was surprised it was allowed in a 15.
I remember past films have had this sort of thing censored (eg True Lies).

Would totally agree with that score based on my viewing yesterday! Can’t get enough of Wick!

Thanks for the review Cas.
I’ve been looking forward to this one, glad it’s not a turkey.
Can’t wait for the UHD, the previous 2 look glorious never mind the Atmos track, love the opening chase sound in chapter 2 (it thankfully made me realise I was sitting .25M too far back, bent forward during it and got a massive spatial shock :) ).

Last edited:
Tremendous action movie! None of that Jason Bourne shaky camera stuff. The dogs really worked well & reminded me of the old Shadow Dancer Mega Drive game.
I was a little bummed before watching that this was rated 15, but it really felt like an 18 in places.
9/10

Film ratings are mental

Deadpool and Game of Thrones are 15's which is mental to me whereas the Matrix is also a 15 apparently and I though it would be a PG13 at most. I'm still struggling to understand how they'd give the Matrix the same rating as Deadpool or GoT. I've allowed my 12yo to watch the Matrix as it's just a laod of fantasy violence equivalent to a cartoon. I wouldn't let him watch GoT or DP at 15! GoT and Deadpool drop F and C bombs in almost every episode, severed limbs, gore, sex all over the place. They're not even in the same league.

G

I'd suggest it's because times change any they don't often adjust films which have already been rated. Completely agree, it makes it a bit of a minefield and, to be honest, the current rating system is in my opinion overly simplified when trying to make rational decisions over who can view something.

Cannot wait to see this!!
1 and 2 are amongst my favourite ever films.

Booked for Sat eve whoop!

I'd suggest it's because times change any they don't often adjust films which have already been rated. Completely agree, it makes it a bit of a minefield and, to be honest, the current rating system is in my opinion overly simplified when trying to make rational decisions over who can view something.
When you consider that John Wick 3 is a 15, and the BBFC also wanted to give Aquaman a 15 (until Warner pre-censored it for a 12), there is really no comparison between the two 'rated 15' films.
Aquaman (Comparison: BBFC 12 - PG-13) - Movie-Censorship.com
Like you say, it's a bit of a minefield.

On the most part, it seems that 15 is the new 18 - especially where action is concerned (sexually graphic, explicit stuff in terms of scenes or language is another thing).

For example, the Arnie film Sabotage is ridiculously violent yet somehow passed as a 15 (definitely would have been 18 back in the 80s/early 90s). If the Matrix came out yesterday, it would be 12A.

Winner, Winner, John Wick Dinner...:D:laugh:

Thank's for the review Cas..:smashin:

Can't wait to see this. :clap: Looking forward to adding the UHD Blu Ray to 1&2...:love:

Going tonight :)

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom