John Wick: Chapter 3 - Parabellum 4K Blu-ray Review & Comments

steb9780

Couldn't agree more, awesome film, PQ and sound. That final fight scene with all the glass is just stunning looking

steviedr

Distinguished Member
Thanks for the review Cas, looking forward to this, my sub is needing a workout!

BrightonChris

Distinguished Member
I was a little underwhelmed by the iTunes DV offering to be honest. Perhaps I'll get the disc proper and give it another go.

mb3195

Thanks Cas, think you were very generous with the movie score, 7/10 for me, but 100% agree on the picture and sound. I would say with some certainty that this is the best looking disc I have ever watched. The use of HDR was absolutely stunning, one landscape scene showing the buildings at night actually made me want to pause the picture it was that good!!

jakimp

watched it last night on my N5 - wow !!!

its John Wick and that good enough for me - so many highlights if you like action movies

BrightonChris

Distinguished Member
The film itself was the best one yet for me. I loved the humour integrated into some of the fights. Had an almost Jackie Chan levity to it in places.

kahlua

thanks cas,love the jw franchise,enjoyed this,though felt a couple of scenes could have been shorter,but in the end its john wick.:D

Glenn01

Distinguished Member
not sure why so many people love this film, maybe it just taps into a middle aged man fantasy, but this whole series ran out of ideas 75% in to the first movie which was pretty good and somewhat original but the next 2 films have been pretty much reruns without the novelty and just plain silly.

I'm sure it looks great visually but the film was 6/10 at best

Last edited:

mohgreene

Great review Cas, superb picture and sound,
Great Saturday night movie,

This is why I love the movies, pure entertainment!

Evinger

Thanks for the Review Cas.
One of the "Must Have" Purchases in our Household (The JW 1&2 set was one of SWMBO's Christmas Presents, and quite possibly her favourite - that's my Girl! :) )

Buckster666

Is chapter 3 cut in any like chapter 2 was (for blu ray version)?

stigdu

Saw it at the cinema and loved it, bought it on 4k and loved it. I think JW 1 and 2 look better (I'd give it an 8, *maybe* 9 for picture quality) but it's an outstandingly exciting, visceral and brutal film.

And no, its not cut. Although the film's notorious bit, about 20 minutes in, *did* look framed quite high compared to how I remember it at the flicks.

Bring on part 4.

encaser

Distinguished Member
Stella work on this for a top drawer film. Whoever chose Mark Dacascos and his crew deserves a pint - as does those behind the scenes for the disc.

richardsim7

Distinguished Member
Couldn't agree more, awesome film, PQ and sound. That final fight scene with all the glass is just stunning looking
I think I read that it cost them ~$4m to construct it

trublue

Standard Member
Thanks for the review Cas.

Wow,I must be in the minority,it was not a patch on the first one story wise.It was just one long fight scene with no let-up,got a bit tedious in the end.Could have sworn I saw the glass break before someone actually went through it in that fight scene, again this went on far too long.I know they won't, but they shouldn't make anymore.

AemiliusPius

Standard Member
not sure why so many people love this film, maybe it just taps into a middle aged man fantasy, but this whole series ran of ideas 75% in to the first movie which was pretty good and somewhat original but the next 2 films have been pretty much reruns without the novelty and just plain silly.

I'm sure it looks great visually but the film was 6/10 at best
Completely agree. The first movie was quite nice (though definitely not a classic), the second one so-so. This one is barely watchable. A lot of pointless violence and a disjointed story. Yes, it is visually and aurally stunning but so are many demo discs.

invisiblekid

Distinguished Member
Loved the look and sound. OM'king God.

Fight choreography was amazing, but it lacked the impact of the 1st. Just something about it felt, light to what I was seeing onscreen? The fake cgi blood appearing on walls way behind the (mostly) headshots didn't help.

But overall it was brilliant. I heard about a nod to another sequel. Then I saw the nod. CLANG!

Coulson

I've been wanting to watch this again for the last couple of weeks but I want to see it in DV. I've seen bits and pieces of it and it does look great. Thanks Cas :)

Daz1969

"utter gorgeous reference magnificence." You have a few reservations then Cas :rotfl:

Will I Aint

I was left underwhelmed by this, the fight sequences too long albeit well done and not enough storyline. I enjoyed 1 & 2 but it lost all sense of jeopardy until the hotel (trying not to spoil), I also found it hard to suspend disbelief for some of the beatings being walked away from.

On the plus side good to see Mark Dacascos, and the 2 guys from the Raid series (with the signature curved blade)

sammy the squid

Distinguished Member
I also found it hard to suspend disbelief for some of the beatings being walked away from.
My wife was making statements akin to this whilst watching this with me. I had to keep reminding her it’s 2 hours of escapism in the John Wick world, not a fact based documentary! If we consider realism - he wouldn’t have lasted the duration of the first movie!