John Wick: Chapter 2 Ultra HD Blu-ray Review & Comments

Ripsnorter

Yep cracking Atmos track. Enjoyable film but didn't think it was a 9/10 though. 7 maybe 7.5/10 for me. KR can't act for toffee.
You mean there are some people out there who go to see Keanu Reeves act??!! C'mon! Nobody does that! People go to see Keanu Reeves being Keanu Reeves, with his unique, almost kung-fu- and Jedi-like, ability to act by not acting, or not act by acting. Whichever. Thing is, he was basically finished with, over and done till he made John Wick and people came out of that amazed at how good he was. Yes and no. He played John Wick as Keanu Reeves and, take away all the weaponry, John Wick is very much a Keanu Reeves kind of guy. And for playing John Wick he is perfect, as would John Wick be were he to play Keanu Reeves

yandybox

Distinguished Member
You mean there are some people out there who go to see Keanu Reeves act??!! C'mon! Nobody does that! People go to see Keanu Reeves being Keanu Reeves, with his unique, almost kung-fu- and Jedi-like, ability to act by not acting, or not act by acting. Whichever. Thing is, he was basically finished with, over and done till he made John Wick and people came out of that amazed at how good he was. Yes and no. He played John Wick as Keanu Reeves and, take away all the weaponry, John Wick is very much a Keanu Reeves kind of guy. And for playing John Wick he is perfect, as would John Wick be were he to play Keanu Reeves

Well said. :smashin: It's the same theory as why people go to see Britney Spears "Live". :rotfl: It's not to hear her angelic voice, that's for sure.

As long as Keanu does "Keanu" it's fine. We should all just be thankful they never asked him to play John Wick with an English accent.

One of the best films i've seen in a long time. Well deserved 9. KR is PERFECTLY cast for this film. KR 'acts' PERFECTLY for this film. Superb.

mclingo

Distinguished Member
No way this is a 9, unless its 9 in its own genre, for a movie its not more than a 6, its really just a zero depth action flick.

Ripsnorter

Well said. :smashin: It's the same theory as why people go to see Britney Spears "Live". :rotfl: It's not to hear her angelic voice, that's for sure.

As long as Keanu does "Keanu" it's fine. We should all just be thankful they never asked him to play John Wick with an English accent.

:smashin: Thanks. Keanu always delivers and by many accounts he is highly professional on set and not 'difficult' to work with it. Ah yes, that English accent. It was indeed very :eek:.

dts

Distinguished Member
Really enjoyed this,I have the Blu-ray so no atmos for me...but the gunplay sounds were awesome...Ian mcshane plays his part well...didn't feel like a two hour film,no clockwatching flows along at a nice pace...will certainly watch it again but with a double bill with the first John Wick. :)

dts

Distinguished Member
The standard Blu-ray has Dolby Atmos as well
I don't have an Atmos set up,just 7.3 their was dts hd master audio in the sound options no dolby true HD.

mclingo

Distinguished Member
agreed but a 9 though, are we really stating to people who haven't seen this that its rogue one / guardians of the galaxy v2 quality, that it was better than Star trek beyond?

then again wick v1 got a 10 which was even more ludicrous, I think what we have here is a John Wick Fan, not a objective review - which is obviously perfectly ok.

mckee74

Distinguished Member
agreed but a 9 though, are we really stating to people who haven't seen this that its rogue one / guardians of the galaxy v2 quality, that it was better than Star trek beyond?

then again wick v1 got a 10 which was even more ludicrous, I think what we have here is a John Wick Fan, not a objective review - which is obviously perfectly ok.
It was better than Stat Trek Beyond.

tjtennispro02

Standard Member
Your standards for movies are odd. GOTG2 was about a 6 or 7. Star Trek Beyond a 5 or 6. I loved Rouge One but I'm also a huge Star Wars fan.

I bought John Wick on release day but haven't had time to watch. Since you think it's a 6 I know I'll love it! Thanks!

raymondo77

Distinguished Member
I'd give the film an 8/10 personally. I think I preferred the raw, undiluted, revenge movie that was the first, more.

Image and audio quality though, off the chain; absolutely fantastic and a joy to behold on the OLED.:D

lajohnz

Watched this last night . Really enjoyed it, had a lol moment when Morpheus made an appearance .
Thought it was better than the original to be fair at worth its 7.8 IMDb rating . Admittedly Iv been a KR fan since watching point break all them years ago!

Spacecat

Banned
He will always be Bill..........or possibly Ted.......I can't remember which

A fun if somewhat highly repetitive 7 as a movie, I'm sure the disc is technically superb

Steve McQueef

Distinguished Member
UK release is cut by 23 seconds, hence no Dolby Atmos or commentary track. They're on the uncut 4K disc, so it would appear that Warner couldn't be arsed editing them to fit the shorter runtime of the censored version.

djpaulc247

Distinguished Member
9/10? Behave :rotfl:

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Latest News

Sky set to launch its plug-and-play Sky Stream solution
  • By Ian Collen
  • Published
Movies Podcast: 26th September 2022
  • By Phil Hinton
  • Published
AV Podcast: 26th September 2022
  • By Phil Hinton
  • Published
REL Acoustics announces new Serie HT subwoofer trio