John Rambo US release, region info??

Imeldhil

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi,

this one is due very soon, dvdslimited will have it tomorrow in stock or day after that.

Lionsgate last releases have been region free (even if stated region A on cover) anyone planning on getting it? it'd be great to know if indeed works on UK machines since Lionsgate release will have a LOT better audio track. (PCM 7.1).

Hi,

this one is due very soon, dvdslimited will have it tomorrow in stock or day after that.

Lionsgate last releases have been region free (even if stated region A on cover) anyone planning on getting it? it'd be great to know if indeed works on UK machines since Lionsgate release will have a LOT better audio track. (PCM 7.1).

I have it on order from them so will report back when I get it :smashin:

ALso keen to know ... please advise asap guys if the USA blu ray disc works on UK PS3 / player.

ALso keen to know ... please advise asap guys if the USA blu ray disc works on UK PS3 / player.

Well when I get it I will test it on my UK Samsung 1400 (I also have a US PS3).

As soon as I know I will post here:smashin:

Cool if you live in the uk I hope you'll get it by friday and can comment over the weekend.

Cheers

http://www.dvdactive.com/news/releases/ultimate-rambo-collection.html

Let's keep an eye on Optimum's U.K Release as they usually deliver high bit rate transfers.

Title: Ultimate Rambo Collection

Optimum Home Entertainment has announced the Blu-ray release of the Ultimate Rambo Collection for the 23rd of June (to coincide with the DVD and BD release of the last instalment of the franchise). Full details for the release can be found below, along with the artwork.

First Blood (Regions A and B)

* 2.35:1 Widescreen Transfer (1080p VC-1)
* English DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1
* Sly vs. Rambo: Interview Paris 2008 (8 mins 40)

Rambo: First Blood Part II (Regions A and B)

Rambo III (Regions A and B)

Rambo (Regions A, B and C)

* 2.35:1 Widescreen Transfer (1080p)
* English TrueHD 5.1, English Audio Description 5.1
* Picture-in-Picture Audio Commentary with Sylvester Stallone
* Eight Branching Featurettes
* It’s a Long Road: The Resurrection of an Icon
* Courage and Inspiration: The Musical Legacy of Jerry Goldsmith
* Preparing a Warrior: Finishing Rambo
* The Weaponry of Rambo
* Hero’s Welcome: The Rambo Premier and Reaction
* Legacy of Despair: The Real Struggle of Myanmar

ultimaterambo2dtemp.jpg

Why is Rambo in TrueHD and not DTS-HD MA?

I know their supposed to be the same and all but it just seems odd?

:( I phoned dvdlimited, and asked if it was region free, and the guy said nope :(

doesn't look good , so I will hold off ordering, but maybe one of you guys could confirm when you receive it. Looks like a wait until June for us UK guys though

:( I phoned dvdlimited, and asked if it was region free, and the guy said nope :(

doesn't look good , so I will hold off ordering, but maybe one of you guys could confirm when you receive it. Looks like a wait until June for us UK guys though

Oh dear ... but slightly suspected this could be the case !

Damn, now I may consider buying the reg.1 standard def version just to keep me going till the UK blu ray edition is released.

Is that mad or just being a fan of the film :)

I have mine on order from DVDs Ltd so don't worry chaps as soon as I get it I will test it out then let you know on this thread. :smashin:

Oh dear ... but slightly suspected this could be the case !

Damn, now I may consider buying the reg.1 standard def version just to keep me going till the UK blu ray edition is released.

Is that mad or just being a fan of the film :)

not daft at all mate. I will be doing exactly the same. :thumbsup:
Will wait though until the good people here confirm for definite though

Even if the 1st 3 films are region coded, perhaps it will be cheaper to buy the US version and wait to see if the 4th is coded or not

don't trust what they can tell you over the phone. They just read the cover!!!!

They had National treasure as reagion A (part 2 I mean) and changed it when I told them. They've learned that A LOT of movies are region free cuz of me, they didn't even knew of liesinc.net or movietyme, so again, don't trust them for sure. Look into forums and what people say that their machines play and doesn't play.

However, they are really nice people to deal with.

Even if the 1st 3 films are region coded, perhaps it will be cheaper to buy the US version and wait to see if the 4th is coded or not

I hope for region free part 4, I want DTS HD MA 7.1 :)

Marek

not daft at all mate. I will be doing exactly the same. :thumbsup:
Will wait though until the good people here confirm for definite though

Nice one and glad to know this course of action is approved :)

Also just waiting for confirmation that the USA blu does or does not work - then will be ordering John J 4 in appropriate format :smashin:

Hmmm, Yesasia.com has Rambo Blu Ray (and it's predecessors) advertised as region free....

Still reluctant to bite the bullet just yet though and make a purchase.

Come on Guys ... has anyone received their blu-ray disc yet of John J 4

Come on Guys ... has anyone received their blu-ray disc yet of John J 4

No and DVDs LTd have put back until Monday the day they are receiving it so it will be next week sometime I guess.

Mine has been processing at DVDWorldUSA for the last couple days... so close!

bought, bought, bought!!!!:thumbsup:

Mine was sent today! :thumbsup:

Region Free ?

031398232995.jpg

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom