John Noakes passes away.

Remember him well, with his dog Shep.
Always seemed like a decent guy.

I remember the old B&W footage of him trying in vain to stop the (pooping) baby elephant in the studio and the near disastrous bob sleigh run. Another part of my childhood gone.

Rest In Peace.

Highlight for me was Nelson's Column.

I remember the old B&W footage of him trying in vain to stop the (pooping) baby elephant in the studio and the near disastrous bob sleigh run. Another part of my childhood gone.

Rest In Peace.
When you said that I could still hear him say Oh get of me foot.
I use to like his program Go With Noakes
Just read this.
On 30 June 2015 Noakes was reported missing from his home in Andratx, Majorca. His wife alerted local police, who confirmed that Noakes had a diagnosis of Alzheimer's and had been living with the condition for some years. He was found the same day, close to his home, and taken to hospital, having fallen into some long grass "in the bottom of a storm drain". Noakes died on the morning of 28 May 2017.

R.I.P. John and give Shep a pat from me, if he gets down.

And a joke that encapsulated his relationship with Shep:-

Noakes shouting: "And here I am at 20,000 feet on a free-fall parachute drop with the RAF........ Get down Shep!"

A larger than life character who the Queen referred to as her favourite presenter. Mine too as a kid.

He brought his own excitement and enthusiasm which made Blue Peter special for children (us).

I just seen him on the news and showed where he was on a chat show and they asked him where Shep was and he broke down saying Shep had died two days ago. Quite upsetting.:(

They said he thought he was under paid and under insured for the stuff he did and doing 14 months work in a year.
I would not have gone up Nelsons Column for a million let alone what they were paying him.

Another gone, RIP.

They said he thought he was under paid and under insured for the stuff he did and doing 14 months work in a year.
Just heard his BP chum/partner Purves paying tribute, and he said that there was NO insurance with any of those stunts, no safety nets etc, and that he was very brave!

Another gone, RIP.

Just heard his BP chum/partner Purves paying tribute, and he said that there was NO insurance with any of those stunts, no safety nets etc, and that he was very brave!
I saw an interview with Peter him and he said the elephant had never trod on John's foot and he put it in to make it more entertaining for the viewers, which he always tried to do.
Yes a very brave man especially when you consider he was not an expert in the dangerous stuff he did. And going up Nelsons Column in flares in not exactly the best thing to wear as you could trip on them.

Another gone, RIP.

They said a lot of things he did he was scared to do them, but did them. And to me that's a cut above someone who does something and not scared. The ones that are scared but still do it that's something special.

Highlight for me was Nelson's Column.

I can't believe he did that. I'm a roofer so am used to climbing ladders and there's no way I'd climb that. It gives me sweaty palms just looking at it. I really can't see any of today's presenters being allowed to do that!

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom