1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

John Lewis

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by andya, Apr 29, 2003.

1. andya

andya

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +26
    hi rang john lewis manchester to see if they could price match hitachi 400e plasma.they could no problem.but it would cost me £400 for a 5 year warranty,does anyone know if this is the same for every shop,and are there any shops that include the 5 year warranty

2. CrumpetMan

CrumpetMan
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    The attraction of John Lewis over other stores/internet retailers is the free 5 year warranty. I haven't seen anywhere else who does this. If you do a direct price match (purchase price elsewhere plus however much they charge for a 5 year warranty) then what's the point? Might as well just buy it from wherever it is cheapest and save all the price matching hassle.

3. lonny

lonny

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    This must be a fairly recent change - they did a price match for me and included 5yrs cover for no extra when I bought my plasma just after xmas. You could call another shop and check what policies are in each store???

4. delta

delta
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    You cannot be forced to buy an extended warranty. If they won't budge take your business elsewhere and save your self loads in the process. There are many better deals if you shop around.

5. dandan4274

dandan4274

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Quick question about John Lewis, as my nearest one is about an hour away so can't pop in and check.

Can they order in any plasma, or can you only price match on what they have on the shelves ? - I'm after a 433MXE, and saw on another post that someone just price matched the 50 inch version.

If it is whatever stock the display on the shelves, does anyone know if they have the 433MXE ?

Just wondering....

thanks

6. delta

delta
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Easiest way to find out is to phone them, ask for Radio & Television department

7. lmccauley

lmccauley

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +216
    Or the Undersales department, who actually do the price-matching. They have a little leaflet that explains the pricematch policy and what they will and won't match.

Cheers,
    Liam