Question John Lewis warranty

AlanT1

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Can anyone advise help who have been in a similar position.

If I buy a tv from someone on this forum and it was originally purchased from John Lewis and I believe John Lewis warranty is transferable do he seller contact them with my details and would I receive anything in writing confirming the warranty is in my name.

Many thanks.

Last edited:
Can anyone advise help who have been in a similar position.

If I buy a tv from someone on this forum and it was originally purchased from John Lewis and I believe John Lewis warranty is transferable do he seller contact them with my details and would I receive anything in writing confirming the warranty is in my name.

Many thanks.
In the absence of any responses, I assume that warranty is only valid on production of proof of purchase.

If the person you are buying from cannot or will not give you a copy of the receipt or alternative convincing proof of purchase then I believe John Lewis will NOT do any work on your TV on your behalf.

I sincerely doubt (although it is not beyond their capabilities) that they keep a list of all serial numbers sold and to whom. E.g., if you went in store and paid in cash they certainly would not say "sorry sir/madam, I can't let you take this away without giving me a copy of your ID".

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom