John Lewis Warranties - Worth their weight in LG Gold

scarty16

Prominent Member
Reaction score
I bought an OLED in 2015 55"960 ZA model. Subsequently upgraded to a ZD model. 4.5 years (jan 2020) later I notice a small issue with the screen that looks like a cloud in front of the picture. So off I trot to JL who arrange for a repair man to come and look at it.

Repair man comes and I realise before he arrives it is screen burn, the cloud says "Good Morning Britain" in the middle of it. Hey ho I think, I will have no luck here. But low and behold repair man takes a few picies and off he trots.

2 weeks later I get a call, can I confirm make and model of the TV. So I do, and this is repeated 4 weeks later.

So to this week Tuesday to be precise. No info on the TV, so I contact the repair man, who responds in seconds, working from home I guess. Anyway he checks a few things and says that the original part to be replaced (the screen I presume) was delivered incorrectly, and then the correct replacement could not be sourced, and so John Lewis have written the TV off. Please contact JL and they will sort out the new one for you.

Call JL and give them a few details, and the replacement is a 65" E9 model. But this is too big so I change it for a 55" E9 and £700 Gift Voucher.

And this was delivered earlier today.
IMG_20200403_163137.jpg

LG did have a major issue with some of their OLED TV's in that under certain circumstances you could see a fain orange/red rectangle in the middle of the screen. Not sure how I spotted it but did a bit of research and to cut a long story short the screen was replaced by LG by a right moan of an engineer because he had to help a 65 year old guy lift the TV off the wall bracket.

Great result - seems they handled it well.

I feel somewhat sorry for them, as LG won't be refunding them anything, it'll come out of their own pocket/insurance.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom