John Lewis TV repair after repair

Pindi

Hi. My 2018 C8 (bought direct John Lewis) has been having a black flicker/flashing issue these last few months and after I spoke to John Lewis about this, a repair company came out and replaced the panel and a board within the TV.

However, this has done nothing to help the issue as it's still there. So they're sending the same company out again and have suggested they'll try replacing the panel again.

Has anyone else had a similar issue with their oled from John Lewis? I'm wary that 2 panels have had the exact same issue so not confident a third will fix it. If it doesn't, I'll be going back to them as I paid £3500 for a non-defective TV. But I've got a feeling they'll try again with a fourth panel, and a fifth etc.

Thanks

pastrybloke19

Hi. My 2018 C8 (bought direct John Lewis) has been having a black flicker/flashing issue these last few months and after I spoke to John Lewis about this, a repair company came out and replaced the panel and a board within the TV.

However, this has done nothing to help the issue as it's still there. So they're sending the same company out again and have suggested they'll try replacing the panel again.

Has anyone else had a similar issue with their oled from John Lewis? I'm wary that 2 panels have had the exact same issue so not confident a third will fix it. If it doesn't, I'll be going back to them as I paid £3500 for a non-defective TV. But I've got a feeling they'll try again with a fourth panel, and a fifth etc.

Thanks
I haven’t had this situation with John Lewis, but other companies. It is reasonable for them to attempt the repair a few times, even if you know/suspect it won’t work; all that means is that by the 2nd/3rd time, you can make a strong point/case for the TV to be written off and thus get a replacement.

I had a minidisc (yeh that didn’t work out eh!!) player from curry’s that broke: I think they tried to fix it like 6 times; still ended up refunding/replacing it tho.

Pindi

I haven’t had this situation with John Lewis, but other companies. It is reasonable for them to attempt the repair a few times, even if you know/suspect it won’t work; all that means is that by the 2nd/3rd time, you can make a strong point/case for the TV to be written off and thus get a replacement.

I had a minidisc (yeh that didn’t work out eh!!) player from curry’s that broke: I think they tried to fix it like 6 times; still ended up refunding/replacing it tho.
Yeah, I'll give them a few more shots before I push for a replacement. Just a ball ache as I have to take time off work for the initial visit and then the subsequent repair work too

pastrybloke19

Yeah, I'll give them a few more shots before I push for a replacement. Just a ball ache as I have to take time off work for the initial visit and then the subsequent repair work too
I would have strong but fair conversation with them after 3 attempted fixes; that is reasonable and as you say, each time requires you to take time off and thus impacts you.

if they try to fob you off or won’t listen, simply and politely request that the issue is escalated; either directly there and then, or if not available, then via their complaints process.

good luck.

BillRawles

Under consumer law, a repair must be permanent. In saying that you might be seen as unreasonable if you didn't let them attempt a 2nd repair given the circumstances e.g. a short turnaround time etc. If this doesn't work we're on to the Replace or Refund options at that stage. Just be mindful that the only way you can force the outcome is by starting a Small Claims case which will consume time and effort (you'll win no question though) but I would let them know that you're not averse to that option should it come it

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Cleer Audio speaker + HiFi Rose Streamer Reviews & Movie/TV Show talk
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom