Question John Lewis TV price match

tim1982

Does anyone know if the price match that John Lewis UK does is valid for a specific amount of time? I have found a TV for £150 cheaper and JL said they will match it but I actually dont have funds to buy it for a few weeks and I cant see anything in the small print that says "valid for" or "must be claimed within 24 hours" etc.

Anyone have any idea?

Foster1984

The price match is valid only at your time of purchase.

When you buy your TV from John Lewis, the price you want them to match has to be a current price and in stock at the the retailer they are matching.

tim1982

The price match is valid only at your time of purchase.

When you buy your TV from John Lewis, the price you want them to match has to be a current price and in stock at the the retailer they are matching.
Thanks that makes sense actually, fingers crossed it's still in stock and cheaper when I buy it in 2 weeks!

tim1982

John Lewis just emailed to say price match is valid for 28 days! Phew that's piece of mind knowing I WILL get it at the cheaper price

TVEnthusiast

Sometimes as well, if everyone is lucky, they put the price down in the shop for the same period, so everyone benefits.

I must admit, having had a shaky experience with JL recently over a faulty tv, their service since has been excellent since. I had to pay for installation with my new tv because I live alone and couldn't take down my old tv a 55" OLED glass panel safely on my own without risk of damage. Anyway, when after they installed my new tv (3rd party company), although it was working fine, it wasn't connected the way I wanted it to integrate with my Home Cinema and as I couldn't get the smart setup to work with my Blu Ray wired direct to the amp (to preserve sound quality), so I had to phone JL. They couldn't get an engineer out again until after Christmas so I thanked them and attempted it again myself. After about the 12th attempt, and a few re-wirings, I finally got everything working the way I wanted. Much to my surprise, despite not complaining about the service, I received a refund of the installation fee the next day! Great service.

Foster1984

John Lewis just emailed to say price match is valid for 28 days! Phew that's piece of mind knowing I WILL get it at the cheaper price

That is for if you can find it cheaper within 28 days of your purchase.

As an example, if you purchase on the 1st, if the price goes down or you find it cheaper between the 1st and 28th then they will refund you the difference.

They have not and are unlikely to ever match a retrospective deal.

That is unless I'm misunderstanding your situation. From your explanation, the TV is on offer somewhere now but you are currently unable to buy. So you want JL to honour the price it is now, when you do have the funds?

The only way they will do that is if as I mentioned before, the price you want them to match is a current price and in stock at the the retailer they are matching at the time you purchase from them.

So you'll just need to hope the deal you have seen is still going on when you can the funds to buy.

Inked

Distinguished Member
@Foster1984, Tim is correct.
Once JL agree a price match (before you’ve purchased) it is valid for 28 days as stated above. The customer is provided with a reference number to quote when purchasing. This has always been the case.

If filling in a price match request online after purchase, this also needs to be done within 28 days as you’ve said.

Cameron583

Yep, once JL confirm the price match, you have 28 days to buy the product, receive it and then claim the price match :)

The latest video from AVForums

AVForums Movies Podcast: Streaming Theatrical Releases And The Future Of Cinema
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom