John Lewis Store - email update....

Andrew277

Standard Member
Reaction score
Sent to me today as I requested stock info about a month ago :) so they want me to select another freesat PVR - :nono:

Dear Andrew
We are sorry to inform you the Humax FOXSAT-HDR 320GB freesat Digital TV Recorder is still not in stock. Please click on this link to re-visit John Lewis Direct to select another product. ( Link removed )
If you have any questions please contact us on 08456 049 049 between 7am and midnight, 7 days a week. Thank you for visiting John Lewis Direct.

Shash Mistry
Customer Service Manager
John Lewis Direct Ref:notinstock

I registered with them ages ago and got that email too. But the day before the email I got a call from the store I'd logged it with and they said it was in stock and would be reserved until 18th December. I went along, paid, and it was delivered to my house next day (collection wasn't available for some reason).

PR

As bad as Comet.

Surely they (Comet & JL) can only get whatever stock is allocated to them when such a product is in limited supply? And if the allocations keep changing or fail to arrive .........

Why do people incessantly hold out for John Lewis whilst Argos have had stock come in and sell out at least twice over ?????

One reason why people 'hold out' to buy from John Lewis is this...

If you use your John Lewis Partnership credit card for all your routine purchases (with anyone you transact with, such as the supermarket or filling your car with fuel) you earn John Lewis 'cash' vouchers that are not time limited.

Over 12 months it isn't difficult to build up sufficient vouchers to buy a FoxSat HDR outright, without parting with any of your own cash.

It's been available to buy from Argos online for most of today.

One reason why people 'hold out' to buy from John Lewis is this...

If you use your John Lewis Partnership credit card for all your routine purchases (with anyone you transact with, such as the supermarket or filling your car with fuel) you earn John Lewis 'cash' vouchers that are not time limited.

Over 12 months it isn't difficult to build up sufficient vouchers to buy a FoxSat HDR outright, without parting with any of your own cash.

Fair enough... I earn air miles on Amex so I understand the concept.... But I suppose these people that expect to get one from loyalty reasons should realise that they are at a disadvantage from cash buyers.....

You pays your money (or not as the case may be) and you takes your choice... meanwhile the Argos purchaser like me are reaping the benefit....

horses for courses and all that.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom