John Lewis & Samsung 60ks7000

twodollar69

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all
My tv is getting delivered Wednesday . Now a lot have mentioned that there is a stutter issue , which is something I hate in TVs .
If I try the tv and it annoys me will John Lewis refund ? Or will I struggle ? I will keep the box though .
I called John Lewis to ask this question and they couldn't give me a film answer .
I bought the tv on Black Friday (taken ages to deliver) after being advised in John Lewis shop that this tv is smooth as silk and doesn't suffer and stutter !
Any advice all?
Cheers
Jamie

If you bought online you have distance selling rules, if you bought in shop John Lewis tend to have a 90 days no quibble returns policy, assuming the product is in the same condition as it was delivered

If you bought online you have distance selling rules, if you bought in shop John Lewis tend to have a 90 days no quibble returns policy, assuming the product is in the same condition as it was delivered
Thanks for the reply .
It was online so does the distance selling allow me to return ? Guy on phone said you can't remove stickers or anything .
Big purchase for me so don't want to be stuck with a stuttering tv , when my 7 year old plasma didn't have that issue

Thanks for the reply .
It was online so does the distance selling allow me to return ? Guy on phone said you can't remove stickers or anything .
Big purchase for me so don't want to be stuck with a stuttering tv , when my 7 year old plasma didn't have that issue

Thanks for the reply .
Yeah, if you're not convinced alter it as little as possible, leave on all stickers etc. Basically you need to return it in a condition that they could sell it to someone else.

Treat it like you pulled it out of the box in the shop for a look.

Whilst they were entirely incompetent throughout my entire purchasing/returning process which involved me returning 2 sets until I was happy with my 3rd, they never actually put up any resistance to me complaining and demanding a replacement.

Will do thanks for guidance .
Hopefully the stutter isn't too bad or Samsung update software if possible to solve the issue

Whilst they were entirely incompetent throughout my entire purchasing/returning process which involved me returning 2 sets until I was happy with my 3rd, they never actually put up any resistance to me complaining and demanding a replacement.
Hi mate , did you have the same tv or another ?

I stuck with the same Sony, but I don't think they would have complained if I wanted to change to another.
But when I say they were useless and incompetent, I am not exaggerating. Genuinely astounded me how bad they were. Not intentionally bad service, just inept!

I stuck with the same Sony, but I don't think they would have complained if I wanted to change to another.
But when I say they were useless and incompetent, I am not exaggerating. Genuinely astounded me how bad they were. Not intentionally bad service, just inept!
Hmmm I thought they were supposed to be good along with richer sounds . Ahh well
Hopefully the tv is good , with the amount I spent . If it isn't I can hear the mrs moaning at me already :)

Hmmm I thought they were supposed to be good along with richer sounds . Ahh well
Hopefully the tv is good , with the amount I spent . If it isn't I can hear the mrs moaning at me already :)

Like I said, they didn't quibble about swapping them out, they just made every step painful and got dates, times etc wrong, and failed to do things they promised. No 2 departments seem to be connected very well. Tech support, returns department, shipping department, finance department - all seem totally disconnected!
Look on Trust Pilot, they have an appalling rating nowadays. Not what I expected at all. They got there in the end though!

I have this tv and can't say I've noticed any stuttering

I have sky yes, I don't watch football but had a browse of the uhd football yesterday to see what it was like. Yeah I love it looks really good on Xbox and 4k

The 7000 shares most major components with 8000 and the general opinion on that thread is that the majority of stutter issues are seen when watching external 1080i sources like SkyHD and Virgin Tivo.

I had some micro stutter with SkyHD which has completely disappeared since I've had Sky Q installed and set to 2160P output.

Lee

The 7000 shares most major components with 8000 and the general opinion on that thread is that the majority of stutter issues are seen when watching external 1080i sources like SkyHD and Virgin Tivo.

I had some micro stutter with SkyHD which has completely disappeared since I've had Sky Q installed and set to 2160P output.

Lee

Cheers Lee , sadly I only have sky HD . Haven't got sky q as they want silly money to upgrade

Cheers Lee , sadly I only have sky HD . Haven't got sky q as they want silly money to upgrade

Speak to Sky (Phone or Live Talk) and threaten to cancel, say you have a great deal from Virgin on the new 4K Tivo.
Many people getting upto 50% off. I wasn't that lucky as I didn't want to loose F1 HD on my old legacy package but I still got Q Multiroom for no extra per month and just £60 installation.

Lee

Last edited:
Apart from the installation fee I see no difference in cost for a Sky Q
£99.00 currently on special, plus £99.00 for a another room but no £10.00 PM for the extra box.
Plus.........and a big plus, the box belongs to Sky which means if it fails Sky repair/replace, no cost to you..
Don't see the issue

£99.00 currently on special, plus £99.00 for a another room but no £10.00 PM for the extra box.
Plus.........and a big plus, the box belongs to Sky which means if it fails Sky repair/replace, no cost to you..
Don't see the issue

If you want UHD and the 2TB box you need a multiroom subscription which is currently £12 a month at full price.
If you already have multiroom then you already pay the multiroom fee.

Don't see the issue
Currently have sky in 3 rooms , 2 boxes and 1 rf out. I understand rf out isn't possible so I'd need 3 boxes so it's a bit too much cash to fork out when I've just got the tv .
Cheers

Currently have sky in 3 rooms , 2 boxes and 1 rf out. I understand rf out isn't possible so I'd need 3 boxes so it's a bit too much cash to fork out when I've just got the tv .
Cheers
We are off topic, however I agree with what you are saying to a point, there is NO monthly fee for extra rooms, but you will pay for the install, seems OK to me or have I missed something?
You're getting new tech, no increase in monthly fees, and no repair/replacement fees, seems like a decent deal, maybe Sky have woken up to a revised business model ?

If you want UHD and the 2TB box you need a multiroom subscription which is currently £12 a month at full price.
If you already have multiroom then you already pay the multiroom fee.
Yep, so no increase

Just priced it up with sky £99 for each box for existing customer upgrade . Cannot justify that sadly .

Monthly is pretty much that same but they won't budge on fees.

Just priced it up with sky £99 for each box for existing customer upgrade . Cannot justify that sadly .

Monthly is pretty much that same but they won't budge on fees.
Pretty much what I said for new tech.....
Decisions, decisions, decisions
Choices, choices, choices.
Nice though that you can get the UHD box and add the other rooms later for no monthly fee, just install

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom