John Lewis Returns Policy

Discussion in 'OLED TVs Forum' started by ABS123, Mar 13, 2018.

1. ABS123

ABS123
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Hello everyone, I am new to this board and have a quick question with regards to the experience any of you guys have had in relation to john Lewis's policy on an exchange.

I have an LGb7; have had it for around 2 months and what is really bothering me is the banding, which can be seen on grey backgrounds, solid colour screen like on sky sports adverts and most annoyingly in water scenes where the water looks swirly.

My question is. is this a sufficient ground to ask for a replacement will they just fob me off.

Any feedback will be welcome.

2. ashenfie

ashenfie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +431
    There should be no issue replacing and so sooner rather than later will always help your case

3. daveh48

daveh48

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +487
    I've always found John Lewis to be most helpful. I would suggest you get some photos of the banding and email them with a description of the issue you have as trying to explain to somebody who isn't tech savvy could be problematic. Also doing that will give you reference number you can then quote.

As it's only 2 months old they may well exchange but wouldn't count on it and dare say they may want to send somebody out to check it. A good idea is to get a recording via Sky when it's particularly bad and shows the issue at it's worse.

Just as a note I take it you've run clear screen etc.

4. d10brp

d10brp

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +735
    JL will likely ask you to go through LG as you're outside the 4 week window for an exchange. I was too when I noticed a dark edge to my E7 but LG were good. They came and swapped my panel.

5. ABS123

ABS123
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Thanks for the prompt response. I'll give them a call and see what they say and yes I have done the clear screen and left it on auto.

6. ABS123

ABS123
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Since I bought from John Lewis surely it is them who should be fixing the problem?.

7. d10brp

d10brp

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +735
    Maybe you will have more luck than me but they insisted I go through LG in the first instance.

8. Rookies

Rookies

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +532
    Your correct the purchase contract is between you and John lewis the seller so it them who deals with it.. I never had any issues

9. MultiRoom

MultiRoom

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +289
    John Lewis are useless, and their cut backs are starting to show. Profits down means somethings going wrong. They aren't the same company to deal with that they were 5 years ago. I wouldn't buy anything from them again after the last fiasco I had with them.

10. Markybugga

Markybugga
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi. What was the outcome with this?? As I also have a OLED from JOHN LEWIS with banding. In fact, he's my video ..

My OLED TV is this banding acceptable?

Is this bad enough to replace?

Thanks

11. leeboy22001

leeboy22001

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +128
    I'd say it's bad

12. quark

quark

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    My experience with JL was the same as d10brp, if its over 35 days, you will have to follow their repair procedures via LG, and they just wont budge on that.

My first went that way, but LG failed the repair, so they gave JL an uplift code to allow JL to replace it. the second set had slightly better banding, but was far worse on purity, and when I went back to them within 20days their response was like night and day, no quible, no hastle, just replaced it without question.

The third I have to add is the best of the bunch, banding is way better than either of the others (almost none) and whilst there is still a light yellow tinge on the left its only barely noticable on pure white screens.

Markybugga, that looks bad. I also used the Modernwize youtube video, and on both my bad ones the banding was not visible after 20% (the second not really visible after 10%). The third really only has one narow band and thats gone at around 5%.

Good luck. JL are reasonalbe, but they do have a process they wont deviate from.

13. ABS123

ABS123
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Hi,

Unfortunately have been out of the country and have not had the time to report it. Hope to do so soon.

Please do let me know how you get along